No announcement yet.

Email alert messages not sent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: Email alert messages not sent

How do you read the sent email logs? One employee gets the alerts but not another.

Comment

Hi,

RangerMSP uses multiple log files and when needed it's usually best to allow us to perform the analysis. Specifically in this case, I believe that this issue would not be displayed in the log files, and would rather try troubleshooting it first.

When using the Alerts Server, The alerts settings need to be configured per employee. For each employee that receives the alerts, you need to log into the RangerMSP system, and go to Tools Menu > Options > Alerts Tab (Click the tab scroller on the right side of the tabs) > Set the employees’ alert preferences.

You can find more details about this in the Alerts Server user guide here.

Let us know if this helps.

Reno Breen

Comment

We set the alerts up already. We set it the same as the other employees alerts. I need to see if the system is sending out the messages, or are they not arriving at his mailbox (blocked by isp or something)

Comment

How can we find out why the alert messages are not reaching the recipient?

Which log stores the outgoing messages.

We're having the same problem as 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Hi nattivillin,

we'll be happy to help you with troubleshooting this. The Alerts Server logs are very technical and require a technical rep here to go over them. Please send us the log files from the Help > Technical Support menu, and we will check them out and get back to you.

Thanks,
            Sheli

Comment

Think we figured it out. Each employee has to turn on their own alerts. We couldn't do it
              as admin. Is there a way to turn it on w/o each employee needing to log into the system and do it?

Most of our guys use the web interface, and to log in directly takes a trip across town.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the update. We're glad it works.

The best way for you to enable your employees alerts is to log in with their credentials, and set the alert settings yourself. This will allow you to verify that the correct settings were inputted for each user.

Hope this helps.

Sheli

Comment

I know this is an old threat but i have an additional comment on the alert server.

The Admins (owners, managers, bosses) should be able to manage the alerts on a global basis. having to log in as each employee to turn things on or off is a pain in the @55.

Most of our employees are web only, so when someone is out, vacation, etc, we have to log out, get their password from them, log in as them, make the changes, log out, log back in as me, and then repeat that for another user.

Such a time waster / consumer.

Comment

The Email Alerts settings are indeed personal and each employee should configure their own settings and need to select on which events they want to receive alerts. Once set the system keeps this setting so normally this is not something that is modified on a daily basis. I can see the point in what you're saying where in your case most employees use the Web interface only. Thanks.

Regards,
                    Dina

Comment

Working...
                    X