No announcement yet.

Powered by CommitCRM returns after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Powered by CommitCRM returns after upgrade

We did the 5.2 upgrade and now the " Powered by commit" disclaimer returned. Do we just do the same fix to remove it on the previous version?

Will we always need to do the "fix" after every upgrade?

Re: Powered by RangerMSP returns after upgrade

Thanks for letting us know about this. Since we are not aware of such behavior, can you be more specific - in which part of the system do you see the "Powered by RangerMSP"?

Thanks,
    Neta

Comment

Re: Powered by CommitCRM returns after upgrade

It appears on the bottom of the web interface. Not sure it shows up anywhere else, that specific instance was brought to my attention. There is a fix, something you dont give out to non-registered users so i will not post it here. Just wasn't sure if i needed to run the "fix" again.

Comment

Thanks for the additional details. The way to remove the logo requires creating/updating some files. During the upgrade process these file/s is/are not being changed at all, so as far as we know there is no way for the upgrade to override these settings... In any case, I will send you the instructions for removing the credit from the customers web interface again, so you will be able to redo this change.

Neta

Comment

I am experiencing the exact same behavior as well. Looks like something is changing that file...

Comment

Thanks stsanford, this is very important input for us, as we haven't received similar reports besides these two. We still haven't been able to reproduce this here, and would appreciate if you could send us your log files, so we will be able to investigate this. You can send the logs via the Help > Technical Support menu.

Thanks,
            Sheli

Comment

Same with me. Not sure when it happened though - have only just noticed after this post.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for updating this thread. We have investigated this and according to our results, the upgrade shouldn't have changed the Customer Web Interface in this way. As mentioned, the upgrade does not affect the configuration file/s which contain/s this information.

When checking this, I'd just like to make sure that when testing, you are using a customer web user (rather than an employee web user) as the option of removing the credit to RangerMSP is available only for the customers portal.

If this still occurs on the customer portal, please send us your log files via Help > Technical Support and we will have another look.

Let us know how it goes!

Sheli

Comment

It was gone from both ends before. Now I cant seem to remove it from the employee web interface.

It was ok before the update.

How can we (again) remove it from the web interface period? We don't need to see it either.

Comment

nattivillin, thanks for this. I just went and checked this with our development team and they've confirmed that nothing has changed in this release and that the option to hide the logo (which is offered to registered customers only) has always been implemented in the customers web portal only.
                    In case more information is required on this please contact us directly by email. Thanks.

Neta

Comment

I am also getting the message on the customers web interface. Please could you send me the instructions to remove to www.smartitsupport.com/contact.asp

Comment

Ok same problem, different upgrade. We just upgraded to the latest version and the " Powered by CommitCRM � Registered Version " is back yet again.

How in the world do we get rid of this permanently?

Comment

nattivillin,
                          Please contact us by email and we'll provide you with the relevant information (available for registered customers only).
                          Thanks,
                          Dina

Comment

Working...
                          X