No announcement yet.

Next Release...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Next Release...

Any word on the status of the next release? Really looking forward to the email threading stuff... :)

--Luke

Re: Next Release...

We're working 200% on the next release! Nice improvements are on their way... We plan to post more details once we have them.

- Dina

Comment

Sounds like a good time to post them :-)

Comment

:-)

Comment

...Yeah it does... That way I can make up my mind whether to switch to TigerPaw or ConnectWise this year... ;)

Comment

:-)

More information will be posted once we're closer to the release.

Thank you.

Comment

lopejoy - We just went with Connectwise (more expensive than TP, but it does WAY more, and it's also a slicker interface. I almost bought TP, but spending a day with CW demos, I'm sold).

We still love Commit, and it will have a special place in our heart, but iwe've outgrown it already. Excellent stepping stone, and we may repurpose the program for use in a side company, we'll have to see.

Comment

Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at. Hate to think about leaving Commit, but I'm constantly banging my head against the wall with it!

So you are pretty sure CW is superior to TP? ...Or did you just have a better salesman? :-)

Comment

The crazy part of all this is that CommitCRM is a really good tool and does a lot. Unfortunately, the more valuable aspects seem to get lost on small and sometime trivial things. I mean did it really help that design time went into using icons in the history window?

People have been on this thread for almost the entire two years I've been around asking for a more robust web-interface, yet there are only more promises of something coming soon.

People have been on here asking for a more serious Opportunity/Project tool but instead we're given more email functionality.

I'm not trying to put down the email stuff, but aren't there things that would add greatly to the value of the tool? I'm sure there can be a compromise in here somewhere; right?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for posting your feedback.

The new History view is much more than just icons, it lets users actually easily see what is going on with a ticket/account/etc. without having to double click on each record. The new History view also builds the blocks for a more readable display of email communication as email messages texts will be displayed without having to open a new window for each message. We've received a lot of good feedback about this feature, though, like any other feature, different users wants different things and our goal is to find the balance. As you can expect we get lots of feedback on this forum and directly by email, which we take in consideration when we decide the features for subsequent versions. Prioritizing tasks and requests from our loyal users is always tough and that we're making every effort to listen, as well as producing the features that have received a higher number of votes while taking reasonable resources to implement. For this reason, we release updated versions of RangerMSP 3-4 times each year, so that we can add much needed features without our customers needing to wait long periods of time for a specific feature. We appreciate the feedback, and we hope that we can get around to the other feature requests that are still on the list in the soonest manner as possible.

Thanks again for posting your feedback, as well as your ideas.

Regards,

Doron

Comment

It would be nice to know what is on this list because many of us here have given up on asking for things.

Comment

It's not that we don't appreciate things like the changes in the history view, but it seems a far less important upgrade than people wanting the crippled web interface redone so that it more closely matches the actual client.

What about an app that runs on a mobile device without having to use Opera?

Again, we welcome the updates/changes, we just want to know where things are in the list and that the larger items aren't getting pushed back because they take more effort to put in.

Comment

Hi guys,

All feedback is noted, logged and evaluated.
                          We build our business based on the feedback we receive, and we honestly believe that we wouldn't have gotten to where we are without listing to our users and working close with you guys.
                          That said, I know it can be frustrated when features you requested haven't been implemented yet...
                          In any case the next release is mainly around ticket email threading with some other ticket management improvements. We plan to release more info once we will be closer to the beta. Stay tuned and keep your feedback and thoughts coming.

On the mobile app topic, this would be a whole new request since this would include the need to develop multiple apps for each type of mobile app engine (Java, WM, Symbian, Iphone, Android, etc.). Once the Web Interface optimization is complete, there may not be a need for all that.

Regards,
                          Doron

Comment

So Doron,
                            Since you're saying that the mobile app would be a lot of work, where, exactly are you at on the re-do, and / or mobile-friendly modification of the Web interface. It's been a while, and we paying customers would very much like to know that what we've paid for will have some value to our mobile users...
                            Thanks.
                            Scott

Comment

It would really be helpful to have a definitive roadmap. Like, can we expect better contract management (MSP AYCE, etc...) in the release after this one?

Comment

Working...
                              X