No announcement yet.

Anyone have multiple locations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: Anyone have multiple locations?

Well, it depends... in many cases a single Item can be used for both locations.

Let me explain:

Each Item can hold up to 3 Tax codes.

If you charge customers in location A with Tax A, and in location B with Tax B, then the Item record should hold A & B, Accounts records related to customers in A should hold Tax A, and customers in location B holds Tax B.

The same Item can then be used and only Tax A will apply on customers from location A, and only Tax B will be applied on customers from location B.
    This is because only matching Tax/es (that exists both on the Item AND the Account) is/are applied.

In case you charge customers with two taxes in each location, only in this case you'll need to separate Items for each location.

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Dina

Comment

Unfortunately we do charge two taxes in each location. Making this task very difficult. Right now, what we're having to do is not put any taxes on the charge report and we're having to run a cash register to take in transactions rather than sending them over to quickbooks. Not very smooth.

Comment

We tried CommitCRM via VPN with each location having 1.5MB Down and 785KB up. It was horrible. It was somewhat ok after the initial connection, but it crashed quite often.

I guess it would work ok if you had some serious bandwidth. Maybe 1.5MB Up and down dedicated. Where is 1.5 all the time and not just burst.

Someone sign up and let me know how it works.....lol

Comment

If you were running CommitCRM with SQL over a VPN techincally should run better even with limited bandwidth.

Comment

I thought about it, more than once. Maybe if they let me try it first......

Our 30 day trial was up years ago!

They don't support it over a vpn, so the last thing i want is a data corruption database issue that they cant / wont help with.

Comment

nattivillin,

We can provide you with a special trial for RangerMSP SQL Database, though you may want to wait with it (see the below).

I-Netcs is right, VPN access works much better with SQL especially after the system is loaded. That being said it is not yet optimized for it yet and the initial load time is long.

We are actively working to improve this and the combination of the SQL version (which is great regardless of using VPN) together with the changes we're working on should improve performance (faster load time and overall system responsiveness over VPN). However, as the data is on the server by definition it'll always be slower than opening a Terminal Service session over the VPN connection (in this case you'll get immediate response times).

Will provide some additional information on this once we have it.

Regards,
              Dina

Comment

That sounds good. Maybe ill see if my ISP can up the speed for a month while we try it out. The initial load time isnt too important, treat it just alike a slow computer!

Turn it on and wait. It if takes too long to go from screen to screen after it loaded, nobody will be happy.

Comment

I am a little late to the conversation but we host our CommitCRM server on an Infinitely Virtual server. It costs about $12.00 / month and lets us access CommitCRM from anywhere.

Brad Kendall
                  www.bradkendall.ca
                  bkendall@ccrtech.ca

Comment

Accessing it using the client or web connector?

Comment

We access it using terminal services. With something like the 2x application server http://www.2x.com/applicationserver/, it is just like CommitCRM is installed locally.

Brad Kendall
                      www.bradkendall.ca
                      bkendall@ccrtech.ca

Comment

we are actually a 2x authorized reseller if anyone is interested in 2x let me know. we can get specials deals for people using commit, we also use the 2x app server and it works great with commit, and easy to setup and manage

Comment

Send me some info about 2x if you can to service@icustom-pc.com, thanks!

Comment

In case anyone wants an update, I contacted CommitCRM support about a trial for the sql database to test it with a semi high speed vpn ( 1.2Mbps) and they pretty much told me no.

I also sent a link to this thread so they would know what we were talking about.

The cost to properly license a terminal server is not cheat by any means. CommitCRM only working via RDC adds to the overall cost of purchasing CommitCRM for use in a multi location setup.

Comment

Aren't you an MS partner with an action pack subscription? Depending on your size all the MS software and licensing would be free (apart from the yearly SO subscription cost which isn't much)

Comment

ASO = AP
                                damn auto-complete on phone

Comment

Working...
                                X