No announcement yet.

Additional Group Categories in Reports Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Additional Group Categories in Reports Help

I'm new to Commit, and am currently creating a few custom reports for our company based on our needs. However, I've run into a bit of a roadblock.

I've noticed that different reports have access to different database fields based on category. FE: In the report "Charges Report by Ticket", when placing a database text field, I have only access to those fields which fall under the category "Charges". In the report "Ticket Details", I only have access to those fields which fall under the categories "Assets" and "Tickets".

At first I thought I could just find one that used, say "Charges", "Tickets" and "History" but I haven't been able to find a system report that has all of the categories I'd like to include.

My question boils down to this- how can I add more categories to this database field list?

Re: Additional Group Categories in Reports Help

Hi Deb,

Thanks for posting this.
    The fields available in each type of report cannot be adjusted; they must be used as is.

The best way available to achieve your reporting needs is to generate 2 reports:
    • Technician Service form w/ charges - is available from the charges category; and you can use this report to report on tickets, charges and Calendar.
    • Expanded Ticket Details - is available from the Tickets Category, and it includes Ticket data, Calendar data and History data.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Sherry

Comment

Will this be something that will be addressed in future software upgrades?

Comment

Hi Deb,

Thanks for posting this.
        We aren't working at the moment on any enhancements to the Report Designer for RangerMSP 5.3; i'm sorry, i cannot comment about future versions beyond RangerMSP 5.3.

However, we do have a feature request to have some aspects of the report designer updated; i'll add your vote to it, as well as your comments.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
        Neta

Comment

Working...
        X