Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really need a calendar view in the Web Interface.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: Really need a calendar view in the Web Interface.

Sorry for the double post here, but finding out that this feature isn't in active development is rather hard to swallow. I'm not saying that we're going to just run out and switch to a different product (we've been on CommitCRM for 6 months now) but I had assumed that this was just a very young application and an improved web interface was going to be released at any minute...

Right now employees in the field can't see where they are supposed to be with anywhere near the accuracy or clarity that the people scheduling them can see. This translates directly into missed appointments and damaged customer relationships. How can fixing this not be a priority for a CRM system?

I am VERY disappointed right now :( PLEASE make this your #1 priority.

Comment

I'm currently contemplating adding the web interface to my package but the lack of a calendar would be a major hindrance and is one of the main things stopping me from purchasing this add on.

Comment

springcity,

Thank you for the additional feedback on this. We are looking at this and always try to provide answers to requirements brought up and votes by our users. Your feedback is noted.

Thanks,
        Dina

Comment

Mister-C. Thank you for the additional feedback. Noted.

-- General Comment:
          I want to make it clear to all readers of this thread that Calendar information is already included and available in the Web interface.

Users already can view, edit or create Appointments and Tasks. Technicians can see their schedules for the day, the Tickets linked to the scheduled appointments and more. Customer users can also see scheduled on-site visits linked to their tickets.

The missing feature, as discussed in this thread, is a graphic Web calendar (the RangerMSP client application does include one).

We plan to report back on this when once we have any updates.

Thanks,
          Dina

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse, but some of us who have been following this conversation since it existed 2 threads ago, i wonder how long people have been requesting this feature.

I know i have since i originally got CommitCRM almost 18 months ago. I know people have been asking for a roadmap for sometime, to see which features were being worked on, and which were not.

I would assume that "A" reason for not publishing the roadmap could possibly be the disconnect in what CommitCRM is working on and what the users are asking for.

The last thing i want is for this to turn into a bash CommitCRM thread, because the software is so good, and CommitCRM support is so great, this one feature probably gets more bad press than any other.

I do feel that for all the new things they are adding, it seems like they are just skipping this one in each new release.

As an amateur programmer, i can only image how difficult a feature this may be to make a reality.

As our workforce goes more mobile, having access to the full calendar is such an important feature. I think sometimes CommitCRM doesn't see it that way. Maybe they have never had to actually use the web interface like we do. Maybe they have never had an upset customer from a missed appointment because the tech was looking at tickets and not appointments. Or in our case, someone made the ticket but not the appointment or vice versa.

We just had one today, luckily we caught it. Ticket made, but appointment created as the user and not assigned to the person who is going to do it. So the email to do the job went to nobody. What a pain.

Comment

*** Quick update:

RangerMSP 5.7 provides a new weekly view for Calendar appointments via the Employees Web Interface .

Using the Weekly Calendar, users can view a graphically oriented appointment display for themselves or for other employees. Users can also add and update Appointments to the Calendar.

The new Web Calendar makes it much easier to see what’s going on, what activities and tasks are planned for the week, and the schedules of all individual team members.

>> Read more on What's new in version 5.7.

The Support Team

Original post:

nattivillin,

Thank you for the feedback and for your kind words regarding the product and our support. I believe that as a user that has been using RangerMSP for a while now you are aware that we're working almost solely based on requests that come from our user base. Unfortunately not all features can be implemented together as this will result in a very delayed release something we definitely try to avoid. We like to release new features once they're ready, or at least close after.
              This request has become popular and therefore it should be implemented in a future release, unfortunately it will not make it to our next release :-( yet again, it's now high on our list.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Dina

Comment

For whats its worth, my techs would benefit more from a mobile client (Android, iPhone, etc) for most CommitCRM functions when out of the office then the web portal. About the only thing we would use the web portal for would be typing up notes and printing work orders for the client to sign. Scheduling and calendar are all handled by syncing with our exchange server which is viewable on their phones.

Comment

Just a quick post with an updated video link of our Interlink iPhone web calendar for CommitCRM. The latest update adds Day, Week and Month lists, plus you can use date picker to select specific date to view calendar items & details for that date.

Link to Video - Click Here

Comment

Thank you Dina.

Comment

Working...
                    X