Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to import contacts as accounts contacts

Hi,
    We started to useCommitCRM.
    Until now we had another soft and lots of history.
    I imported all Customers and their contacts to Excel.
    First I imported Customers and everything is ok, but..
    ..now I want to import contacts, related to clients.
    ..how do do that?
    I do not want to import contacts as new Accounts.
    I want to import contacts, as Current Customer contacts tab contacts.
    I have all information in Excel, but there is more than 500 edits and i cant import them to customer , contacts tab.
    Help Please...

Re: How to import contacts as accounts contacts

risto93,

Thank you for asking this.

Yes, It is possible to import secondary contacts to your accounts (customers) :-)

Each Account has a Contacts tab.
    When you right click above the Contacts tab a menu is displayed - select "Import Secondary Contacts".
    Follow this process to each Account.

Using this methods the Contacts are imported under the Account you're importing from and the Account - Contact relation is built.

You need to repeat this process for every Account you want to import contacts to, and to have a separate Excel file that holds only the contacts for this Account.

I hope this helps.
    Dina

Comment

Yes, this method I know already,
      But I have more than 150 Customers, more than 500 contacts.
      Simpler me to add those manually.
      ..but is there some other method.
      Importing and linking, based Account name/ customer name

Comment

You will indeed need to create a separate import file in order to import the secondary contacts under a specific account. Naming is not use as a key because it's possible that two separate accounts, usually consumer accounts, will have the same name.

HTH,
        Dina

Comment

Is there way to import secondary contacts with account import.
          This mean, that i have one excel file with all accounts and all secondary contacts and i can import it once

Comment

In order to build an Account - Secondary Contacts relationship (parent-child) you'll need to have a separate file for each secondary contacts related to each Account.

HTH,
            Dina

Comment

This is almost unuseable. I have 1000 accounts and 3000 contacts. Not only do I have to create 1000 spreadsheets (One for each Account with its average 3 contacts) BUT after the import you must then manually link each of these contacts back to the Outlook contact so that a change to Outlook or CommitCRM will keep the two systems in sync.

Then, How do you keep the two systems in sync - I guess you must have to add the secondary contacts to CommitCRM first then let it sync it to outlook - because if you add it to outlook first it will not add to the account contact tab in CommitCRM.

Is this really how this works? Help? How do all of your customers use this?

Does anyone have any work arounds?

Comment

Dsweigart,

We understand what you are saying and can see why the process could have been easier. Unfortunately, you'll need to follow the instructions we provided before in order to keep the parent-child relation between the Accounts and Contacts. I'm not saying it's ideal, it is not, however, these are the required steps to achieve this at this time...

Thanks,
                Dina

Comment

Working...
                X