No announcement yet.

reassigning tickets --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

reassigning tickets --

is there a way to reassign a ticket to a different account? we have a dispatch system that alerts us to emergency issues -- all alerts come from a single email. When the the email connector creates the tickets, they are not assigned to the proper account (client) -- there is no way to use the "automated emails" option as the format is never the same from email to email...

at the moment, we have these alerts comming in to a holding account... we then have to copy the ticket, assign the copy to the new client then delete the old one... would be better if we could just reassign...

thanks --

//ray

Re: reassigning tickets --

As you mentioned the trick should usually be to use the Automated Email feature of the Email Connector where it automatically parses the subject and based on rules you define assign it to the relevant customer automatically. As I understand from your post this won't work in your case and therefore you need to copy the Tickets to the relevant Account, reassigning it is not supported.

Thanks,
    Dina

Comment

hmmm... OK -- thanks

Comment

If I understand correctly though, you cannot keep the emails when copying tickets. We need to keep the emails for tracking and historical purposes. Really need a true option to change the account associated with the ticket instead of the copy and delete method.

Comment

Noted. Thanks.

Comment

didn't think about that... yes, that's pretty important indeed (especially if we are relying on the Email Connector to open tickets)! Not sure of the fix as I can imagine the complexities involved with implementing this on the back end.

//ray

Comment

Working...
            X