No announcement yet.

Slight annoyance with outlook Auto synch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Slight annoyance with outlook Auto synch

Is there anyway to make the autosynch for Outlook silent. It has an annoying habit of bringing the CommitCRM screen to the front no matter what you are doing. This quite often will interupt whatever else you are doing such as typing a letter (I'm not a touch typist so tend to look at the keyboard more than the screen when I'm typing!)

Thanks

Re: Slight annoyance with outlook Auto synch

With the latest RangerMSP 5.5 the auto sync does not suppose to take the focus if you're using another application at the time the auto sync launch. For example, if you're writing an Outlook email and the auto sync fires, the focus should remain in the email message window. In case you are using another Window within RangerMSP then it might take the focus, but not if you're using another application.

Hope this makes sense. In case it does take the focus from other applications and you're using version 5.5 RangerMSP, then please post back with more details.

Thanks,
    Sheli

Comment

I am also having this problem with the sync window taking focus. I thought it had been fixed previously but at some point it stopped working and the sync window started to take focus again. I don't believe it is every time the sync occurs but I am not positive on that one.

Ed

Comment

We're not aware of such an issue but anyway, based on your posts we'll be doing some testing. Thanks.

Comment

I've had problems with this ever since the last release at least. The window takes focus maybe 50% of the time. Sometimes when I'm on the same screen that CommitCRM is on, other times when I'm on the other screen.

Comment

I thought it was intermittent, glad to see someone else confirming that piece.

Comment

I'm on 5.5.

Comment

5.5 here also

Comment

5.5 and have the same issue.

Comment

Guys - In order for us to try to reproduce it here (we tried but with no luck, all worked well) please post more details about your environment, such as the OS, Office version, 32/64bit, which other applications you use (and in what version) when the auto sync takes the focus while it shouldn't, etc.

Thanks,
                    Sheli

Comment

Windows 7 Pro - 64-bit
                      Office 2010 - 64-bit
                      Quickbooks Pro 2010
                      Labtech
                      Firefox 3.6

Can't really give you anything specific on whats different between when it occurs and when it doesn't. All I can really tell you is that all of those programs are open all day long on my system.

Also in case it helps I have a dual monitor setup with CommitCRM running on the primary monitor which is on the left.

Ed

Comment

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
                        Office 2010 32bit
                        Google Chrome 9.0.597.94
                        Eset Smart Security 4.2.40.0
                        Quickbooks Pro 2010 (UK)
                        Google Calendar Sync

Same as above those programs are always open. No real pattern but it has become more noticeable within the last week for some reason. Mainly noticed it when using Chrome or when using Outlook or Word.

I'm only running on a single monitor though.

Comment

To update my list. I am using Quickbooks Pro (US) and Vipre Antivirus 4.0 Enterprise.

Comment

CommitCRM 5.5 (whatever the latest release was)
                            Dual monitors
                            QB 2009
                            Office 2010 32 bit
                            Windows 7 Ultimate x64
                            Vipre 4.0

I also run CommitCRM on my primary monitor which is on the left. At first I thought it only happened when I was using applications which were on my "right" monitor, and usually I think that is the case, but sometimes it does happen when I'm on the primary as well.

Comment

I've been paying more attention to this... This is definitely happening when I am using the CommitCRM application. It happens at least a couple times per day.

Comment

Working...
                              X