Slight annoyance with outlook Auto synch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: Slight annoyance with outlook Auto synch

Thanks.
    Is it Outlook 2010? If so - the 32 or 64 bit version of Office?

Comment

Oulook version 14.0.6112.5000 x86

It is either getting worse or i am using it more. When it starts to sync, it takes control of the window and i cant do anything for the 10-20 seconds while it syncs.

Comment

While it syncs this is what the system does, however, you can use anything else on your PC during this time.
        The syncing time depends on your PC, Network, data, etc.

HTH

Comment

So we come full circle back to the original question, can it be silent or in the background? Having CommitCRM and outlook pop up to do the sync has caused quite a few typos over here.

Comment

There aren't any near future plans to change the way it currently works.

Comment

So... Are you also saying there aren't "any near future plans" to move the Exchange integration server side?

Comment

Or are you saying that there are no future plans to fix the bug that is making the autosync window take focus?

Comment

All we're saying is that we are not currently working on this, therefore, we do not see any near future updates in this area. We have everything logged and we always evaluate what to do next. Thanks for your feedback and for "reminding" us about this.

Comment

Hate to bring this up again, but just want to clarify. I understand that WITHIN COMMITCRM - the popup is supposed to take focus, but are you saying it should NOT take focus when using other applications? (that's what it is doing for me.)

Comment

Yes, you are correct this is how it should work but understand that it does not work this way for you. If you have a clear-case scenario that we can easily reproduce we will be happy to check this. Thanks.

Comment

I don't have a clear case scenario, but I'll see what I can figure out. I'm almost 100% sure that it doesn't happen all the time, but I've become so used to clicking "Stop Auto Sync" that I can't be sure. I will try to pay more attention. I have a sneaking suspicion that it may have something to do with dual monitors though - is that possible?

Comment

Maybe, I don't know... Let us know if you manage to identify it. Thanks.

Comment

It might be easier to troubleshoot if I knew when it was going to perform the sync. If I have it set to autosync every hour is it going to do it on the hour or every hour from the time I first logged intoCommitCRM. Also if an error stops the sync from finishing is it going to perform the next one on the normal schedule or is it going to do it an hour from when I hit ok on the error?

Comment

The sync internal will start from the time you hit the OK button.

Comment

I also use 2 monitors. It does not happen all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X