CommitCRM Online Services triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

CommitCRM Online Services triggering

Feature request!

I've just started using Commit's Online Services functionality, specifically being able to SMS a new ticket to a technician who is scheduled to do the job. It works great, except you can only seem to trigger it manually from within CommitCRM by clicking on the online services menu and choosing the script you have created.

This is a prob for me as we have no office staff who field phone calls and enter stuff into Commit; it's all me, i take the jobs on my mobile when i am in the field, create the ticket and account (if necessary) on my phone via Interlink, then SMS my contractors manually.

Is there any way with the CommitCRM API and Interlink I could have an Online Services option in Interlink so i could, from my phone, choose it, choose my SMS Technician script, then pick the ticket to send, all from within Interlink?

(I've looked in CommitCRM to see if it could SMS a tech automatically on creation of a ticket but it would seem the only thing close to this is the email/alerts connector, but i really need SMS. I could possibly create an alert which sends a particular formatted email to the SMS gateway email API on ticket creation but i lose out on being able to manually SMS tickets when in the field)

cheers
    nathan

Re: CommitCRM Online Services triggering

We are currently adding ability to email from ticket area of interlink direct from Interlink web interface so this may work for your situation. We are also adding the ability when adding a ticket history note within Interlink to have Interlink send an update email to the client automatically.

Jim

Comment

thanks Jim, i do need the online services SMS script though so maybe just pencil it in on the feature request list and one day it may get there.

in the mean time i'll see what i can knock up with the email/alerts connector and an SMTP to SMS gateway.

My techs get heaps of email every day so aren't looking at their phones every 30 mins for job alerts, whereas a text message is rarer and generally gets immediate attention.

Comment

We are in the same boat. They get the emails but are more likely to pay attention to an SMS message. This would be a nice feature.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback and we will add this to the wish list and see what we can do.

Comment

We will have Twilio SMS integration built into 1.07 of Interlink for CommitCRM for sending SMS alerts.

Comment

I see that Twilio is a pay service. Are there any free options for this service? Google Voice etc?

Comment

If your carrier supports sending SMS to an email address then only your regular SMS rates will apply. Twilio is an optional SMS service. It is pretty affordable at .01 per text. So there will be plenty of options. The action list that we are building in currently is as follows:

Email Primary Engineer
                Email Secondary Engineer
                Email Primary & Secondary
                Email an Address
                Email Recipients
                SMS Primary Engineer
                SMS Secondary Engineer
                SMS Primary & Secondary
                SMS a Number
                Dashboard Alert
                Priority Change
                Status Change
                Change Dispatch

So you will be able to setup alerts and uses any of these actions as the result of a matching alert. The triggers we are setting up for these actions are as follows:

Ticket Age
                Last Updated On
                Due Date Past
                Kind

You will be able to use these triggers in conjunction with the ticket priority and status to trigger the actions.

Comment

I wanted to post a quick update on the SLA Manager. We completed the development phase yesterday and will be doing testing over the next week or so.

There will be two main components to it. The Email Template Manager and SLA Manager. The Email Template Manager will allow you to build email templates for the SLA Manager to use when it sends out its alerts.

After you build an email template you can setup SLA Rules. For the rules you will have the following triggers and actions:

Interlink SLA Triggers:

Interlink SLA Actions:

Here is what the form to setup a new rule looks like:

Comment

Here are a couple of sample scenarios. The first one is setup so that if a High Priority ticket is still listed as new and is 2 days old, the priority is changed Business Critical then an Email is sent out to an internal manager to alert them to the change so that the ticket doesn't slip through the cracks.

Here is another example. The first item is setup so that if a ticket status is set to waiting on a client and it hasn't been updated in 30 days, then it sends an email to the ticket recipients telling them the ticket will be closed in 2 days if we don't hear from them. Then 2 days later, the ticket status is changed from waiting on client to closed.

The combinations of triggers and actions really ad up quickly and allow you to cover a huge range of scenarios. These are just two quick examples.

Comment

+1 for this!

Comment

We are testing in house now. Should be out any day now. ;-)

Comment

dprichard, can you reply me here
                          Thanks in advice!

Comment

1.0.7 of Interlink has been released with the new SLA Manager module.

Comment

Working...
                            X