No announcement yet.

Next Release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: Next Release?

A a previous PM for a software development firm I can agree to the above posters- if CommitCRM intends to compete long term in this space (especially because of the regional disconnect) you MUST have a road map (for both internal and external purposes). Show us a fancy PowerPoint, and, like I used to tell my programmers, if you think it's going to take you a week, tell me two. Then I'll tell the customer three and we'll never have a problem.

On that note, one of the comments here that bugs me- "..and if new features are added" there should almost never (my opinion) be last minute "feature additions" to a milestone release. Set a realistic feature list to be added within a SCHEDULED product cycle.

We're a new user (less than three months) and I feel like I'm playing Russian roulette with whether or not to purchase the annual support- I don't know what I'm getting if I do buy it, and I don't know what we'll be missing out on (or how much it will cost me) if I don't. Bad for Commit, bad for our company.

Comment

exbabylon, thank you very much for your feedback. We plan to publish a roadmap of main features that will be added in the future while each release will include more features that haven't been listed. As for adding features in the last-minute, well, you are probably correct. However, if we have a feature that is 90% ready we sometimes prefer to delay the release for a while and have it included instead of having it wait to the following release for an average of 3 months. So these last-minutes additions are intended to the benefit of our users. Anyway we definitely see your point and mostly agree with it.

Thanks!
      Sheli

Comment

Is there a monthly calendar in the cards for the next release? We have been using Outlook for our monthly, well, outlook, and CommitCRM to assign our scheduled appts. But it is double duty, making the CommitCRM calendar kind of a pain, because we can't see the whole month for planning purposes. Please, please, move it up on the list.

Comment

No detailed monthly Calendar is included in our next release. I added your vote to it.
          When viewing the Daily Calendar all dates of the month are listed. The ones that have scheduled appointment are displayed in bold formatting.

Thanks,
          Sheli

Comment

Working...
          X