No announcement yet.

Xero Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: Xero Plugin?

I had an email from my developer overnight advising I will have a fresh build in 3 days to try.

Comment

We are experimenting with caching the CommitCRM data to a temporary database (SQL Express at present) to improve performance, as the delays we were seeing were too great. These delays are probably on a par with what you would see when running your own reports within CommitCRM.

We are not running our own CommitCRM on "CommitCRM SQL Database Server", which I understand responds better than the standard database and I don't plan to use the CommitCRM SQL Database Server any time soon.

Comment

It shouldn't be slow. Maybe ask the developer to contact us directly explaining what they are trying to do. We may come up with a suggestion on how to make it faster, there are a few tricks that can make a big difference.

Comment

Thanks Team. He's away for the rest of the week., but I've passed that on.

Comment

I sat down with my Accounts lady yesterday and had a look at the latest build. She pointed out that while it was nice that the description and amount were being put into a Xero Draft Invoice, the Account line is not being populated. This means that she would have to open the draft invoice and enter the account short code on every single line. This is of course not very practical.

For ourselves in CommitCRM we split (for reporting purposes) labour on site, labour by remote control, and labour in our office (workshop time). We have a dozen Parts item categories. in Xero we have only one Parts item.

I'm going to request the ability to map a CommitCRM Item to an Item in Xero, allowing for a many-to-one relationship. It was a dumb omission not to have specified this earlier. I was hoping to be using it internally this end-of-month billing cycle, but that was squished by this omission.

Progress is definitely being made.

Comment

It's a problem with CommitCRM since it doesn't have gl codes. It will be hard to map things.

Comment

Thanks for posting all updates.

Linking RangerMSP Items to Xero items is probably the way to go! This is how it successfully works with QuickBooks and then the accounting accounts are automatically being selected for Invoice Lines and no manual work is required.

Keep us posted.

Comment

We received an update from the developer a couple of days ago, but I have not had time to test it in depth. A local promo by HP has had us run off our feet. :)

Comment

I have just spent a couple of hours testing the latest build. The ability to map CommitCRM Items is working (though I can't currently remove a bad mapping). There are a couple of issues getting the descriptions displaying nicely in Xero, and 'no tax' is currently being set in Xero in the Amounts Are area, so even though the Item being correctly selected is setting the correct Account code (which has a tax rate pre-selected). I have asked for that to be set to Tax Exclusive for the moment. US residents dealing with multiopple Sales Taxes might like to make comment.

Comment

Hi Team,

Development is what I would guess at 75% complete, but I am unable to dedicate any more time to this. If anyone would like to take over this project and working with an offshore developer (or pulling the code and developing in-house), let me know.

My profile will give you enough information to make contact.

Cheers
                      Mike

Comment

A new RangerMSP-Xero Link module will be introduced at the same time our coming new version will! Stay tuned.

Comment

Thanks CommitCRM/Xero integration would be helpful.

Comment

Our coming new version will introduce a new integration module with Xero!
                            It is already in Beta and should be released in only a few weeks.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X