No announcement yet.

Exchange Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: Exchange Support

Thanks again, we definitely see that this feature is getting more attention lately and we will consider how to approach this, sooner than later. Just need to juggle with all the other requests, and this is not a small one...

Your votes mean a lot to us, thank you for helping us build a better product for our users.

Comment

Any updates or further solutions on this? With two new versions of CommitCRM out recently (5.6/7), I'm hoping 5.8 has tackled this issue.

Has anyone had any success using any work arounds to keep calendars synced when employees aren't in the office?

Comment

Hi exbabylon,
        Thank you for asking. the latest RangerMSP versions include many enhancements to existing functionality and many new features. The Exchange sync hasn't been implemented yet, though we are aware of its importance to our users.

I can tell you that many of our users work with the workaround of running a single application on the server and having it auto-sync for all users. This requires initial setup phase but then works well.

As mentioned, this is definitely something which has high priority on our list, together with some other stuff :-)

Sheli

Comment

We are running the sync process on a separate server but it often pops up a box warning that another user is syncing. That stops the process and negates the advantage of an "unattended" sync process. How can we prevent this pop-up from suspending the update process until someone checks on why appointments are being synced with users' Outlook accounts?

Comment

When the Auto-Sync feature is enabled on the server side we recommend that users won't sync manually at the same time to prevent such conflicts. Unfortunately there isn't a work-around for this available.

HTH

Comment

The users are not syncing manually (they use the web interface only, and aren't even aware of this functionality). Can you detail how their accounts should be configured regarding syncing (specifically, line by line, for appointment syncs), so I can be sure they are configured correctly to avoid any conflicts with our "server" sync process.

Comment

It sounds like there is another client running somewhere on your network (which is OK) and they have the auto-sync defined as active.

To check this, log in with all the users that run clients on your network, and check the following:

1. Tools > Synchronize Outlook > Auto-Sync - this option should be set to "Auto Sync - Not Active".

2. If it is set to Active, turn it to "Off" via this menu.

3. Save these settings via Tools > Synchronize Outlook > Auto-Sync > Save Auto-Sync settings. This will save the settings for future sessions

4. Note that if you use the same user who runs on the server also for other sessions, you should still set the auto-sync to "Off" and remember to turn it on only when logging in via the server. Do not save the settings when turning it on. This will prevent the auto sync from automatically running for the user that logs into the system on your LAN.

I hope this will solve the issue.

Comment

Thanks. I'll check the settings for all account. I appreciate your providing the specific instructions I needed.

Comment

So to get this right you want Outlook and the CommitCRM client running on the server? So, if a update is done on the server someone needs to remember to log in to the server to start back up the two programs? I don't know why you wouldn't use Active-Sync for Exchange? This solution is not really thought out with all that can go wrong or cause problems on the server and since it is a server it is not being looked at everyday. And you really shouldn't run an email client on a server for security reasons.

Comment

Your feedback is noted. Thank you. As you already know, RangerMSP client should be open at this time in order to sync data for all users.

Comment

You can find a server side iCloud Calender sync for CommitCRM on my webpage http://itognet.dk - later on it will support Google Calender and Exchange.

Comment

IMAP is a good answer to these questions. Hope to see it implemented some day. FYI, the bigger PSA companies don't have activesync support.

Comment

any update? now version 11 is out and still nothing about a reliable way to sync Outlook calendars...

Comment

Nope, there are no updates on this front. We have received the feedback, understand it and it's all clear. The change is huge and we consider it among other alternatives. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Working...
                              X