No announcement yet.

Report Designer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Report Designer

Could any of you point me in the direction for report designing. I have seen the basic, but I need a bit more than just the basics if it is available.

I am trying to do conditional formating. If the last activity was over X time, the color is Red. Stuff like that.

If you can help, thank you in advance!

David

Re: Report Designer

Yeah... Access database and ODBC. I've designed several reports in there to pull data and create reports that otherwise wouldn't be possible.

It would be really nice if CommitCRM would replace the report engine with a more full featured one.

I believe the Advantage ODBC drivers are in the wiki - just search for them. Then you just open Access, create a new DB, and link the tables from your ODBC connection.

--Luke

Comment

Thanks Luke. I will give that a try!

David

Comment

Awesome, let me know if you run into anything - I've done quite a bit with it, might be able to help you.

Comment

Luke,

I have quickly found myself over my head (typical for me LOL!)

I have installed that Advantage ODBC drivers.

I am in Access and trying to link the CommitCRM database tables. It asks me to go and find them and I am uncertain where they should be. Can you assist me?

If you have time and are willing, I would be happy to pay you to help me set this up for my service manager. I assume an hour or so of your time would be what we require.

Thanks!

David

Comment

David,

All database tables are found under \RangerMSP\Db folder so this is the folder you need to configure for your ODBC connection.

Also, when configuring the ODBC settings - un-select the option for "Data Dictionary".
            If you're using RangerMSP in SQL mode (with RangerMSP SQL Database) then the connection type should only be set to 'Remote'. Otherwise (no SQL) it should only be 'Local'.

Hope this helps.

Dina

Comment

David,

Spoke with Zach this morning. I think I can get the reports created that you are looking for - I'm going to work on it and see what I can come up with.

--Luke

Comment

Working...
              X