No announcement yet.

Email Connector – Error/Exception Handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Email Connector – Error/Exception Handling

I have just implemented the Email Connector in the hope of automatically capturing more work automatically.

My problem is when an email comes in with no match to an existing account, the email does not get recorded within CommitCRM and the Account/Ticket needs to be created manually.

It would be nice for these types of emails held in a "holding area" within CommitCRM pending the creation of or assigning of an account.

I also receive support requests in the form of TXT messages and Voicemails via email that I would like to be able to forward to the CommitCRM Email Connector (following preview for suitability) and held awaiting assignment or creation of an account. I can partly achieve this at the moment by manually forwarding these emails to the support email myself and having my details setup as an account within CommitCRM to attach them to, but then I have the drama of reassigning to the correct account, which is not a simple task at the moment.

Re: Email Connector – Error/Exception Handling

Email messages that are received by the email connector and cannot be identified are being automatically forwarded to the email address you specified for manual processing. You should review this mailbox on an ongoing basis.

To increase the chances for the email connector to identify Senders you can use the domain-catch-all option - add a secondary contact for the account and set its email address to only include: customerdomainname.com (without the @ sign). Any email message from this domain will be automatically be identified for this account.

With text-based emails and voice mail ones (as well as with any other email message, including unidentified ones forwarded to the manual processing mailbox) you can configure RangerMSP's Email Connector to automatically convert email messages that being forwarded to it by one of the employees into a service Ticket under the correct customer account. Click here to learn the trick on how to configure it. This way email messages forwarded by employees will automatically create tickets under the correct account.

I hope this helps. Have a great weekend,
    Dina

Comment

Re: Email Connector – Error/Exception Handling

Great information, thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Working...
      X