No announcement yet.

Outlook Synchronization on the server question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Outlook Synchronization on the server question

In another post CommitSupport writes: "Open CommitCRM client on your server, set it to Auto-Sync for other employees and it'll sync there (sic) calendars which (sic) Exchange on the server side without even popping the message (as you won't be using this client)." That is not my experience. I open Outlook on my server (with all needed mailboxes added), then open CommitCRM on my server and, after clicking on "Sync All" the "Synchronizing..." boxes show up in succession for all users, and if any errors occur then the error message appears and stops the process until the error message is dealt with. This happens with the scheduled autosyncs as well.

Two things: First, why doesn't it work for me the way you described in an earlier post (quoted above) and second, anytime our server is restarted (intentionally or by some other unexpected shutdown/crash) we have to remember to go in and log in to CommitCRM (Outlook starts automatically from the "Start Up" menu but CommitCRM requires a logon).

Is there any way to automate the logon procedure so syncing will result upon reboot with the need for manual intervention? If not through your software, do you (or anyone else) know of a third-party program that will autopopulate the CommitCRM logon fields and automatically "click" the OK button?

Of course, all of this is an awkward workaround for CommitCRM not having a true autosyncing function (service) with Exchange. Hopefully this will (soon) be addressed in an upcoming version update.

Re: Outlook Synchronization on the server question

I believe that the original post is not phrased clearly and we will shortly edit it to explain things better.
    In short, RangerMSP runs on your server, set to auto sync, and sync other employees Calendars that store in Exchange. Pop messages about the sync do pop, however, you will not see them because you are not supposed to be using the RangerMSP client on the server but rather just keep it there so it'll sync.
    The messages it pops does not block the sync it just shows that it is running... if you get messages that you need to approve these are usually errors and you need to take care of them. Once you do the sync will run continuously.
    You can look for tools such as autoitscript that lets you easily automate and simulate clicks etc. It's a third party tool so we cannot really recommend it, however, we know users are very happy with it. Maybe you can write a script that will run and auto log into RangerMSP.

Thanks.

Comment

So I still need some clarification. You say "you are not supposed to be using the CommitCRM client on the server but rather just keep it there so it'll sync". It seems that you are saying that the autosync process for other users will run even if the CommitCRM client is not open and running. Is that true? If not then please help me understand how best to perform Exchange autosyncs for all other users on my server. Thanks.

Comment

By "You are not supposed to be using the RangerMSP client on the server" we meant as a user. RangerMSP client should still run but you will probably not be using it.

Hope this helps.
        Dina

Comment

Working...
        X