No announcement yet.

No Access to Ticket Number from Reports -> Calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

No Access to Ticket Number from Reports -> Calendar

I am trying to design a reports -> calendar that includes the ticket #.
    However, this field is not available.

It *is* available when you are in the dispatcher (calendar) because you can send an Email to a client that includes the ticket #.

It does not make sense to me that an Email of a calendar entry can contain the ticket # but a Report of a calendar entry does not access to the ticket #.

Or, another way of asking is I am trying to find (and be able to modify) a 'Technician Service Form' to include the date and time of appointment, etc.

Thank you in advance.

Re: No Access to Ticket Number from Reports -> Calendar

The 'Expanded Ticket Details' report contains all pending activities for a selected Ticket, including the scheduled appointment.
    You can customize it to your needs.

Besides, whenever you dispatch a Ticket in the Dispatcher Board (drag/drop from the list into the graphic Calendar) the Ticket number is displayed and is included automatically as part of the scheduled appointment/visit details (description). So you have it when printing Calendar based reports.

Hope this helps.
    Dina

Comment

Yes, I noticed that the ticket number is included in the description.
      However, how do I extract just the ticket number from the description?

Comment

As you may know an Appointment can be linked to a Ticket, Sales Opportunity, Asset, Contract and more. All are linked using the link field found under the Appointment details window (you select the type of object to link to though most is done automatically for you)

Please try to place a DbText field while in the Report Designer for your customized report and select the 'Calendar - Opportunity/Ticket:Name' field for it. While it can be quite large, you can only show it's start that holds the Ticket number - all based on the width you set to the field.

I hope this helps.
        Dina

Comment

I apologize but please let me explain *exactly* what I am trying to do and perhaps you can suggest how I can accomplish my task.

I like the format of the 'Technician Service Form - 2'.
          I would like to modify it to include:
          1. Appointment date, start and end times
          2. Technician name to be preprinted

I would like this data as a report (as opposed to an Email).

Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

OK, thanks for the clarification. I customized it for you. You can download it from the Reports Sharing center.

Hope this helps.
            Dina

Comment

First, thank you for your assistance to date.

However, I cannot find any modifications in the download.

These are my steps:
              1. Download the .zip to my local hard drive
              2. Report -> Import then point to the zip.
              The report is automatically saved in the custom reports.
              When I go into design mode or generate mode - all I see is the unmodified report.

Also, how do I delete reports from the custom reports area?

Comment

1. The new report has a new tab. You can see it while in the report designer at the bottom.
                2. You will only see visual changes when trying to print a Ticket that HAS scheduled Appointments to (i.e. ones that are listed under the Ticket Pending tab).

As for deleting old customized report - select the report to delete and from the 'Reports' menu select the 'Delete' option.

Comment

Thank you very much for the modified report - it appears to work!

Tickets that I have deleted continue to show up on this report.
                  When I deleted the ticket, I chose to delete the history with it.
                  Is there some sort of a 'purge' function that I have to run to actually delete the tickets completely?

Where can I find a manual on how to use this report writer to its full potential (for example, you adding that tab, data sources, etc)?
                  The videos, etc that I found are very basic (drag and drop, etc).
                  I have many years of programming experience in Microsoft Visual FoxPro and its report writers.
                  I would like to transition this expertise to my copy of CommitCRM.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

You are welcome.

Deleted Tickets will not be listed in this report. Please keep in mind that when dispatching a Ticket to the Dispatcher board an appointment is created and it is linked to the Ticket. When you delete the appointment in the dispatcher/calendar it does Not delete the ticket but rather only the specific calendar schedule. To delete a Ticket you need to select it in the main Tickets window and then select the 'Delete' option from the 'Tickets' menu.

For detailed information on customizing reports, please use the links below.

* Reports Designer User Guide
                    * Reports FAQ

Please note that the above does Not geared towards developers... If you're a developer maybe you can use our APIs and ODBC direct access to the database to develop your reports...

Comment

Fast responses.
                      Thank you. It is sincerely appreciated.

Comment

I am trying to prevent the form from printing on 2 pages with real data.
                        I nudged the 'Technician Service Form' and the ticket number up to about the same vertical position as the 'date printed'.
                        I also moved the underline up.
                        I checked that the report header band is 'Dynamic Height'.
                        I totally exited the program and started it again.

The end result is that the report header band is still occupying the same amount of space on the page.
                        I also dragged it up to just under the text of the report header and it is still taking the same amount of space on the page.
                        In other words, I have a large amount of white space vertically under the report header.
                        I checked several other bands below the report header and they are also 'Dynamic Height'.
                        How can I regain this white space?

Thank you.

Comment

It's possible that you have extra lines in the textual company header for reports. Go to Tools > Options > Reports, select to edit the header and verify that no extra space lines exist.

Comment

The issue is the white space between the name of the report 'Technician Service Form' and the 'Account:' label.
                            In other words, not the 'header' as defined in the tools - > options - > report.

I would like to include two small attachments to show you the difference between the report in design mode (where I have just a tiny bit of white space) and the actual print but I cannot see how to attach the two .jpg

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. Please email us the samples and we will see if this is something that can be modified.

Comment

Working...
                              X