Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the purpose of ’All Ticket Queues’ / My Clients/Dashboard ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: What is the purpose of ’All Ticket Queues’ / My Clients/Dashboard ?

Queues can be setup in Interlink using a CommitCRM license. For instance, we have a user in CommitCRM called "New Tickets". In Interlink under the user manager, we set that user as a ticket queue. Then they show up on the queue list. We have our system setup so all new tickets are automatically assigned to the user "New Tickets". Our internal help desk guys monitor that queue and as tickets come into it, they either move them to their queue and work on them or assign them to the appropriate field engineer.

The "My Clients" button will show you tickets that are open for clients that you are assigned as the primary engineer on.

The Dashboard is an overview of everything going on in CommitCRM and Interlink. See screenshot below. The screenshot has been resized to make it fit in the forums a little better, but is designed to be opened full screen on a high def TV so as you walk into our help desk area you get a general overview of everything going on. If there is a business critical ticket in the new ticket queue, it also has an audible alert to draw the attention of our help desk staff in the room.

Comment

Hi David.

I tested it, with some employees marked as Ticket Queues - and it gives a great overview.
      But in my case, I cannot use the manually assignment with a "New Tickets" user.

A very usefull thing would be, that you mark your employee as f.x. Client Technician and as Ticket Queue at the same time.
      This way, you can have your employee configured as usual, and also have access to the ticket queue.

Comment

A normal employee would be listed as an Internal Technician. The client technician would be if you had a company you did work for, but they also had internal IT staff that worked on some tickets. So your employee would be an Internal Technician and then the queue would be a Ticket Queue. Then the employees can see the queues no problem.

Comment

Thank you for specifying the Internal Technician / Client Technician.
          Now I have changed all my employees status to Internal Technicians.

But, I cannot get the All Ticket Queue / Dashboard to work, with status set to Internal Technician. - Nothing comes up.

Comment

The Ticket Queue feature requires an extra employee license in CommitCRM for each ticket queue you want to create. Basically, you create a dummy employee in CommitCRM and assign that user as a Ticket Queue.

Yes, this adds cost to Interlink if you want to use this feature. It's a a side effect of the genius the Interlink guys used when in implementing "Ticket Queues" into CommitCRM - a feature CommitCRM that doesn't natively support. Unfortunately there is no way around it (that I can see) from Interlink's side. Sorry :( ... Good news is that it's still less than Connectwise or Autotask. :)

Comment

Working...
            X