Contracts, Renew - Task.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Contracts, Renew - Task.

Hi,

I have alot of contracts, most of them are on yearly basis.
    Often, when a contract ends, I have to renegotiate the contract price.

As I see it, the right way, would be to have a task/appointment defined under the contract - Right ?

It is possible, to copy/renew this task / appointment, at the same time as you renew the contract ?

Or can you suggest something else.

Re: Contracts, Renew - Task.

Hi itognet,

Yes, using a task with a reminder is indeed the right way to go about this.

It is indeed possible to copy/renew this task / appointment, at the same time as you renew the contract, by using Activity Templates.

To do this, define a contract-activity-template with the relevant task/appointment and link the template to the contract. When you renew the contract, the activity template is copied as well, creating the new task/appointment automatically.

You can find more details and instructions in ActivityTtemplates.
    Also see the Contract Linked Activity Template part to learn how to link to the contract and how do the activity entries get renewed with the Contract.

I hope this helps.
    Sheli

Comment

I would like this as well, but my contracts are annual agreements with monthly billing. …thus CommitCRM thinks they are monthly contracts. Any way to use an activity template to prompt me 60 days before the ACTUAL renewal?

Comment

Hi lpopejoy,

I see what you mean. Perhaps another option is simply creating a yearly recurring task with a reminder per contract, however, if you stop using this contract, you should delete the recurring task manually.

Sheli

Comment

Working...
        X