No announcement yet.

ODBC error in server-check.php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ODBC error in server-check.php

I recently moved our Interlink webserver to our DMZ zone, and since doing that I cannot access the Interlink webpage anymore. I get a note saying “Site is being updated”.
    I have enabled communication between the Interlink server and the server running CommitCRM. The DNS is also correct.
    The fact that I reach maintenance.php means I can reach the Interlink server from the outside, right?
    The only thing that has changed is the IP internally of the Interlink server.
    When I run server-check.php it fails on the ODBC connection. I have set up the connection again as per the instructions from DSG. It still fails. I have write access to the commit\db folder.
    Can anyone advice me on this?

Anders

Re: ODBC error in server-check.php

Figured it out.
    I had to specify the username and password to access the commit\db share in the ODBC connectionstring in server-check.php

Comment

And the config.php file of course :)

Comment

It seems I was a bit hasty.
        It works for a while, but then it's back to the maintenance Post-it note.
        I then have to re-start the webserver (We run Wamp with Apache), and then it works for a while again.
        I have made a .udl file to test the ODBC connection, and that works fine.
        Could this be related to the webserver?
        Anyone else run Interlink on Apache?

Anders

Comment

Have you considered running it in IIS?

Comment

We tried IIS, but could not get it to work for some reason. Followed the guide to the letter. So we used Apache instead.
            The thing is, it has worked fine for a long time, until I changed IP on the server.

Comment

I am not aware of anyone else using the ODBC driver and supplying the credentials in the config file. It's not required to get the ODBC driver working. What problems were you running into with the IIS server? Are you on 64bit or 32 bit?

Comment

I can't remember what was the problem with IIS, but I think it had something to do with the fact that we are running on a 64bit server.

Comment

Originally we didn't support 64bit because of the IonCube DLL files, but now we do. If you login to the member area on www.dsgdevstudio.com the instruction for 64bit servers are available there.

Comment

Yeah, we have gone through all that. I think we even reinstalled the server as a 32bit server, but we still couldn't get it to work. Once we put in Apache however, it worked right away.... Until I changed the IP and put it in the DMZ zone that is...
                    It now works fine for about 10-15 mins, and then I have to restart the Apache service.
                    I have tried re-installing Apache to no avail.

Comment

Unfortunately we don't really have any control when it comes to the ODBC driver. It is a third party driver. I would be more than happy to assist with the IIS problems you were having to see if that clears up the problem. Feel free to contact me through the dsgdevstudio site and I will send you my contact information if you don't already have it.

Comment

I had to put the server back into the same zone and subnet as the CommitCRM server, as per CommitCRM CRM supports suggestion.

Thanks for helping me out with this issue, and other things David :)

Anders

Comment

Working...
                        X