No announcement yet.

Total price based on employee rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Total price based on employee rate

We have several technicians made in Commit, each with an employee rate. We have made a labor charge item for each based on the employee rate. However when we create a charge in Interlink and use that Labor item, the price doesn't change based on the employee rate. We have to fill inn the hourly cost of the technician manually.
    I was also wondering if Interlink took into account discounted rates based on contracts.

Anders

-edit: typo...

Re: Total price based on employee rate

Not just employee rates, it doesn't seem to seem to use account rates either.
    Both options would be nice :)

Comment

Does anyone care to respond to this?

Comment

CommitCRM does not allow access to the employee rates and tables through their ODBC and API. What we have done as a result is put in different labor items with different rates. For example:

Help Desk 1
        Help Desk 2
        Engineer 1
        Engineer 2

Then based on the activity that is being done and by whom, the employee knows which item they should choose for the billing.

Interlink does support Client Pricing when it's defined under a contract.

Comment

Great, thanks for the info David :)

Anders

Comment

David, the comment about the RangerMSP API is not 100% accurate and we believe that the following may help:

The API already knows how to automatically use the correct employee rate or item price. It also uses every pricing customization or settings configured for Account, Employee or Contract.

To utilize this option simply do not pass the price/rate data field when calling the API, then, the API will use the rate/price according to the user settings automatically.

HTH

Comment

Ah, thank you for the clarification. I had emailed sometime back and was told that the table was encrypted and not available through the ODBC / API. We will test this and include it in an upcoming release. You guys rock. Thanks again for the clarification.

Comment

Some details are, however, if you simply omit it from the transaction all should work well and the correct price/rate will automatically be used.

Thanks.

Comment

Great :)
                  This will solve all of our problems.

Comment

Quick update. This will be supported in this next release 1.0.9. Should be out within 7-10 days.

Comment

Just installing 1.0.9 now :)

Comment

I can't see that it's working as I had hoped.
                        When I use my labor item with a fixed price, it still says 0 in the charge/total field.

Comment

Yes, it says 0, but if you submit it, it will use the rates setup in CommitCRM.

Comment

Thats right if you just fill out the Item and quantity fields. If you tab over to the price field, it registers as a zero, and passes that along. If you don't touch the price field, it behaves like you said.

Comment

Working...
                            X