No announcement yet.

Common entry button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Common entry button

Beside most entry fields, there is the double triangle for the last or commonly used items in that group.

Is there a way to make this only pick from the current client?

When we create a ticket for client A, if i want to chose the last used / common asset, I don't want to see common assets from another client.

Re: Common entry button

The double arrow button, that is displayed in various record selection places (Accounts, Assets, Tickets, etc.), indeed displays the recently selected items - regardless of the Account.

The single arrow button displays all records (Assets in the new Ticket Window mentioned above) for all accounts - However - if you already selected the Account it will automatically be filtered to show ONLY records for the selected account for the new ticket.

To sum this up -
    If the account is already selected - you probably want to use the SINGLE arrow button to select Assets.

If not account is selected - you may want to use the DOUBLE arrow button - as soon as you select the a recently used Asset - the Account will automatically be selected.

I have taken note about mixing the two option, as you suggested. Thanks.

Comment

If the recently chosen feature also filtered only to an account once an account is chosen, that would make the feature much better.

Comment

I've been asking for this feature for years!!!

99% of the time, if you are selecting something in a drop down list, you want ONLY the items realted to the account... I've never understood why it doesn't default to just that. For instance, if you open up a charge and assign an account, why in the world would you select a ticket or contract from a different account -- you wouldn't and it just doesn't make sense why it doesn't filter... (!)

the single arrow should ONLY show what is related to the account -- if you (for whatever reason) wanted to select something outside of the account, use the magnifying glass icon.

cheers --

//ray

Comment

Agree 200%. There is no logical reason to want to see items from other accounts. I have never been able to make sense of the current functionality.

I'm relatively confident that no one uses this as is. ...and it would be terribly nice to have it working right!

Comment

We will revisit this and consider the options. Thanks.

Comment

It would definitely speed things up for me, thanks CommitCRM for listening!

You guys are truly the best at this whole "living feedback" thing.

Comment

Working...
              X