No announcement yet.

Ticket Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: Ticket Queue

Two reasons mainly: Most people do not use it and it would have created more 'noise' for them. The other reason is lack of native space to put it there.
    Anyway, we get the point here and we will consider how to make it better. Thanks.

Comment

If it helps, I never used it because I didn't notice it since it was on a different tab :-)

Comment

Guys you are aware you can add a custom Tickets Tab and arrange all these fields however you like aren't you?

Comment

I know this is an old thread

we use almost exactly the same method and Raymond minus the Status extensions.

I cannot seem to copy or move this filed to the General Tab. Has anyone done this? Do I need to build a custom tab.

Commit Guys. Can we ditch the Priority field and just replace it with the colored labels. it would be easier on the eyes and we would gain the field for the Status Extension

icle

Comment

Version 7 kinda solves this with labels. One of the best changes we've seen in some time.

Would still like some way of added more statuses though.

Comment

@PC MedEvac,

Unfortunately currently there is no option to add/move Status extension to the General tab or remove Priority field. We are aware of this request so it will be considered for a future release. Thanks.

@Hayden, you are right and thanks for your feedback, it's great to hear that you like this new feature :-)
              The new labels feature introduced in RangerMSP 7.0 can be used instead of Status Extension.

As for adding more statuses - currently there is no such option, we'll see.

Comment

At first, we did not like labels all that much but we are now warming up to them. Please note that labels do NOT replace the function of Status, Status Ext., Priority or Type... each one of these serves a very specific purpose and function:

Status is used to track workflow on a high level. We have customized this so that it tells us if a ticket is Assigned, Work in Progress, Completed Pending Approval, On-hold, etc.
                Status Extension is used to track what is happening at a more granular level. We have created lists (codes) that tell everyone if "something is being tested", "we are waiting on someone to do something" (e.g. the client or vendor), or if we have attempted to contact the client, etc. -- these are sub sets of the Status... (!)
                Priority seems pretty self explanatory...
                Type is used to tell us what "kind" of ticket this is. Is it's purpose to order PRODUCT, work on a PROJECT, is it a recurring TASK or perhaps a recurring BILL(able) item, etc.

Where we see labels fitting in (and where we are implementing them) is to flag the type of client and contract that a ticket came in on. This is kind of like "importance" but is more general than that. For instance, we are now using labels to indicate which managed services level they are on (L1, L2, L3, etc.) or if for some reason, we temporarily need to pay special attention to them (VIP). We are also using the labels to flag tickets that are assigned to certain "project contracts" so that we can treat them differently, etc.

So, we certainly don't want to see any of these fields go away or hide. In fact, what we would like to see is:
                1) Status Extension be moved to the general tab.
                2) The ability to assign (the same) colors to the Priority, Status and Type fields as well!
                3) A bit more flexibility with the Status field, including the ability to add more and assign them to the open/closed categories accordingly.

cheers!

//ray

Comment

Absolutely brilliant posts. I apologise in advance if I am hijacking this post, however we are in big trouble with our customers since moving to CommitCRM. What are you guys doing to notify/alert customers on charges/changes to tickets while they are being worked between opening & closing the ticket.

CommitCRM only sends customer alerts on opening & closing tickets.

Thanking all of you for this post once more.

Comment

Well Kevin I find the best way to update clients is picking up the phone and speaking to them. Good customer service revolves around good communication, you won't ever achieve this by using auto responders and status change updates.

Comment

Hi BDTECHRob

Thanx for responding and agreed that customer service is paramount. Unfortunately our previous antiquated ticketing system had update notification by email and our customers are used to this feature. The other problem in South Africa is that local calls are not free and the costs would quickly add up. We will continue trying to invent a workaround.

Comment

We have added custom email templates which might be of use (they are easy to send from the ticket drop down in he toolbar and get attached to the ticket as a history note). Create a "Ticket Status Update" template and have the tech manually kick off a notification when they think it is a good idea to update the client (they should add a short note in there before sending). We have quite a few of these template emails and use them often.

On this, we would definitely NOT want clients getting notifications every time we made a change or charge on a ticket... we don't want them knowing everything we do and they would be inundated with spam!

//ray

Comment

Kevin; we have template emails that we can right click and send... here's an example

http://iforce.co.nz/i/5i4eowk5.ldf.jpg

24 hour example

http://iforce.co.nz/i/jdacyhxa.wfl.jpg

Just need to train your staff...

You don't want to spam the crap out of your customers :)

Comment

+1 for an excellent thread and +1 for the Status extension

Coincidentally enough we have literally implemented a very similar process to this in the last few months or so (have been using CommitCRM 2+ years/long story why hadn't done earlier but really see this as THE way a helpdesk should 'work')

Equally didn't really see the importance of Labels (considering how many other pressing matters there are to get sorted with CommitCRM listed throughout these forums - but all credit to Commit they are definitely listening and moving in the right direction!) but we too are warming to them and it's most definitely good to have a bit of colour going on as trivial as it may seem!

(and yes email templates are VERY handy...)

Comment

Working...
                            X