survey-browser.php behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

survey-browser.php behaviour

Hi there,

Discovered a 'change of behaviour' in the way feedback is left between 1.0.9.5 and 1.0.9.6

When feedback was left using the string "/survey-browser.php?authid=XXXXXXXXXXXX&result=1" in 1.0.9.5 the feedback result was left immediately and the user had an option to leave a comment as explained at the top of the page:

"Thank you for letting us know what you thought about the service provided on Ticket# 0500-31492 . We have saved your submission. If you would like to provide additional details on your experience, please fill out the form below."

In version 1.0.9.6 (we are running r6, but i don't believe survey-browser.php has been changed betwee r0 and r6) we have discovered the the string alone does not leave feedback and the user has to leave a comment before the feedback is submitted.

Can this please be resolved? I have restored my old survey-browser.php from 1.0.9.5 for now but am not sure what other issue I may have because of doing this.

Thanks.

Re: survey-browser.php behaviour

This isn't broken, but by design. We were getting complaints that there was not feedback associated with bad reviews and thus a course of action couldn't be taken so we no require feedback to leave a good / bad review.

Comment

Re: survey-browser.php behaviour

Change of behavior without a mention of it in the change log? Now you have a complaint about the way you handled this change rather than end users not submitting feedback which is not really your problem. Our email templates all referenced to click on the button and leave comments as an option, so this resulted in a huge drop in feedback for us.

We have always handled any negative feedback by calling customers back and discussing it to ensure everyone has an understanding of where things went wrong and how it can be improved for next time, whether they leave comments or not.

Perhaps this can be changed so there is an option of how it behaves in the settings? For now we will be using the 1.0.9.5 version of survey-browser.php

Comment

Working...
      X