Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLA Manager Bug - Repeated emails to ticket recipients under certain conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SLA Manager Bug - Repeated emails to ticket recipients under certain conditions

Logging this here for accountability as I have not received any response to emails sent about this.

We have SLA Manager configured for tickets in a specific status that reach x hours passed the due date to email the ticket recipients using an email template (to remind them a ticket is waiting on their update).

The email template contains the following variables:
    Ticket Number
    Account Name
    Due Date
    Priority
    Last Updated
    Ticket Problem

We have discovered that if the 'Ticket Problem' variable contains an email address (standard formatting, name@domain.com) the SLA Manager breaks and sends this email to the email recipients every time datasync.php is ran (for us, every 20 minutes).

We have annoyed plenty of customers by sending them over 300 emails over a weekend due to this bug when we did not know what was causing it.

I raised this with David on the 29th of last month. r6 came out shortly after which as far as we can see has caused the Ticket Problem variable to no longer work, so our email templates only have <-ticketproblem-> (which has avoided the problem but not resolved).

Re: SLA Manager Bug - Repeated emails to ticket recipients under certain conditions

Aaron, I apologize you feel like you didn't receive any responses to the emails you sent me on the 29th regarding this item. I have 5 emails (including two responses from you) that you and I exchanged on October 30th regarding this issue and we are looking into it. I would be more than happy to post the emails here for your records if for some reason you don't have copies of them.

When a bug request is submitted it is put on our development schedule to be looked at. We cannot always provide immediate bug fix responses. When we can, we look at things immediately (i.e. the Calendar bug we fixed for you last week after you posted it here), but some things are more involved and can't always be fixed right away and require some testing in house.

Please send me some of the emails the client received so I can see which engine sent the emails out. Thank you.

Comment

Re: SLA Manager Bug - Repeated emails to ticket recipients under certain conditions

Correct, the emails were me confirming the setup for you to test. Had not heard since, including a follow up email.

I will email you now an example.

Comment

Hi there,

Did you get my examples I sent you?

Comment

Yes I did. We have opened a new forum for Interlink and will be communicating through their going forward. Link below:

http://forums.dsgdevstudio.com

Comment

FYI continued here: http://forums.dsgdevstudio.com/forum...ain-conditions

Comment

Working...
            X