Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Secondary Contact Creation

Hi

Trialling CommitCRM at the moment.

If I create a secondary contact during the process of creating a new ticket, by clicking the + button next to "Contact", the newly created secondary contact does NOT show in the Accounts list and also isn't searchable.

The secondary contact has definitely been created as it displays in the Contact tab of the Account.

Re: Secondary Contact Creation

We found what might caused secondary contact no to be listed under this specific scenario, it is related to some issue with Account status. We will look at this and will change what's needed so it won't behave like that.

In the meanwhile what you can do to make it work for you already and fix the issue -

1. Under the Accounts Window un-select the 'Hide inactive Accounts' option on the toolbar
    2. Locate that parent Account record for this Contact
    3. Change this Account Status to Inactive.
    4. Save.
    5. Change the Account Status back to Active.
    6. Save.
    Done! This should refresh Contact data and you should be able to find it in the Accounts list.

Hope this helps and thank you for reporting this.

Comment

OK, I will give that a try.

However, we have a busy help desk that currently take support calls over the phone from various contacts at multiple clients. When they log the call, I have made the assumption that they will need to create the contact by clicking the + button, with their associated email address details, in order to create a new ticket.

Is there a better way to deal with calls taken over the phone from varying customers and their contacts?

Comment

Your assumption is correct and that is probably the best way (e.g. using the the + icon). We will make it work as expected. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
        X