No announcement yet.

"Unassigned" ticket manager option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

"Unassigned" ticket manager option

I would like to have a special ticket manager indicator for work that hasn't been assigned to a tech. This would show up in the list at the top of the employee list as an unassigned category.

Does this make sense? Or is there a better way to handle this?

Re: "Unassigned" ticket manager option

You may user Labels and label such Tickets so they'll easily be recognized in the list of Tickets (you can assign a prominent color to the label), or - if you do not use the higher Ticket priority of "Immediate" then you can consider using that - I mention this because by default when you open the Tickets list such tickets will be listed first and this is somewhat close to what you asked for.

Comment

We purchased a separate user license, and configured a user called 'Queue'. All new tickets get assigned to Queue, which has a group email address that sends to our technical staff - and whomever needs to take the ticket over, takes it - or gets assigned it. It isn't the best possible solution, but it works for us.

Thanks,
      Austin Speer
      Onward ITC

Comment

I've written about this before -- our method is to use the account manager field, that way the primary tech (we assign primaries to all our clients as they tend to like to talk to the same person) gets notified when something comes in. What we have done to make this work is to modify the status settings so that we have one called "QUEUED" -- all new/incoming tickets are assigned this status. All our techs are trained to watch for these tickets and act on them accordingly.

The follow up I would have on this is that we really need a second field called "lead tech" which functions exactly like the "account manager" -- this way we can have two separate people (the account manager and the lead tech) stay on top of what is going on with the account.

//ray

Comment

We use the seperate user licese for this as well. We assign them to "dispatch" before it is assigned to the person who will handle it.

Comment

CommitCRM needs to provide a "FREE" seperate user licence for these. We are doing it the same way as well!

Comment

I agree thankgod. I would love to get that license we paid for back and put it to actual use.

Comment

Seems like having no ticket manager would do it, if that were an option.
                Our dispatcher doesn't do any technical work, so we have assigned her as the Account Manager on all tickets, and used a user defined field as the Lead Tech.
                (we don't want the techs to burdened with the task of scheduling and prioritizing. We want them techin'.)

Comment

@ Racassel | same here.

We need them techin!

Comment

Working...
                  X