No announcement yet.

Help! MANY emails keep sending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Help! MANY emails keep sending

Please help. I am not sure what i did wrong. I must have synchronized something with my Outlook, although i thought i only synchronized tasks.
    It somehow imported all mail back to 2011, and then repeatedly sends my clients emails regarding all of them. I had to shut down commitserver service to stop it, and i don't want to restart it until i get this corrected.
    I also see the email in the "inbox" but i cannot delete it or remove it other than one at a time.

Re: Help! MANY emails keep sending

This is not related to the sync with Outlook, it is related to the mailbox configured for the Email Connector - the way it works is that it pops emails from the mailbox defined for it, creates a ticket and email the customer an auto-response message about the new ticket being created... now - it seems like the mailbox you configured it with wasn't empty or at least included just the most recent emails, it seems like this mailbox held all your emails (probably support@ emails) that have been sent to you since 2011... I recommend that you empty this mailbox and only then start the service again.

In regards to removing from the inbox there is an option to do that in a batch!
    Please open the Inbox view and then from the menu select Tickets > Tools > Batch Remove Tickets From Inbox.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you so much for your response. I think i had that mailbox as an alias to my main mailbox, so maybe it pulled in ALL of my mail.I guess i have to create a brand new mailbox.

Thank you for the batch removal from the inbox. Is there a similar way to delete all of these tickets?

Comment

You are welcome :-)

Unfortunately batch delete of tickets isn't available...

****Update from RangerMSP Team:

Support for batch delete Tickets was added in RangerMSP 9.

Comment

You mean i have to close each one? There are THOUSANDS of them. And i'm afraid to turn on the server because when i do it sends out the emails again.

Comment

Can you tell me what exactly has it keep sending the emails over and over? I don't want people to get hundreds of emails from me again, and it's going to be a while before i can delete the thousands.

Comment

Unfortunately there isn't a way to delete them all automatically. The only alternative would be to either restore from a backup or perhaps (much less attractive) reinstall the trial if you don't have anything important in it yet.

Emails keep being sent - maybe it is from the previous processing where it created plenty of emails and these still exist in the outgoing email queue - to check this check whether or not you have files under the following folder:
              \RangerMSP\Server\QSysEEInbox\
              \RangerMSP\Server\QSysEDOutbox
              - if so, move them from BOTH folders to outside of the RangerMSP folder tree (so they are kept for backup purposes, at least initially do not delete them) and only then start the service again.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Yes, thank you. I deleted all of the files in the outbox.
                Not happy about the tickets, though. Guess I have to reinstall. :(

Comment

Ok, what is the best thing to do here, can i just delete the commit folder? or do i need to uninstall?

Comment

We have sent you the instructions for this by email, please let us know if you do not get the email

Comment

Thank you, I got the email.

Comment

Working...
                      X