Email on ticket close does not include CHARGES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Email on ticket close does not include CHARGES

Hi all

Question pertaining to ticket close - at present, the boss is receiving tickets for all tickets that are closed by the techs. The information presented in the email include
    - client details
    - problem reported
    - resolution

The missing information is the "charges" portion that the techs have added to the ticket.

Is there any way / configuration that we are missing out on?

The boss would like to see all the information in the email. Doesn't want to use the client nor the web interface.

Thanks.

Re: Email on ticket close does not include CHARGES

There isn't currently a way to automatically include Charges in Employee Alerts emails. However it is possible to manually send email from the Ticket and attach Ticket Charges report as PDF.

Also, it is possible to attach Ticket report with Charges as PDF to automated email alerts that are sent to Customers about Ticket being closed... though that is probably not that useful to your boss :-)

We'll take a note of the suggestion, thanks for asking.

Comment

Hi

Thank you for the reply. I do understand being able to attach the ticket report with charges as a PDF to the client . However, I think it would most beneficial if we can also attach charges as "text" - no need for a PDF copy to the employees, account holder etc.

These emails with charges would complete the picture especially for the Account Manager. Once a ticket is closed and filled in with resolution and charges, the email is dispatched to the Account Manager. From one email, the Account Manager is able to react appropriately, not only to the resolution but also to the charges i.e. overwrite the charges, give a discount etc. based on the "relationship" established with the client.

I do hope that CommitCRM will consider this as an important feature request. It does help the account manager and also "the boss" should he/she chooses to receive all the email alerts when tickets are closed. Its a snap shot of the entire flow of the ticket in one email.

Many thanks!

Comment

Yes we understand how this could be useful and we have noted your feedback, thanks again.

Comment

Another time consuming way is to export the charges to Excel, and paste them into the email.
          +1 for a way to include charges and charge totals in an email template.

Comment

"Also, it is possible to attach Ticket report with Charges as PDF to automated email alerts that are sent to Customers about Ticket being closed... though that is probably not that useful to your boss :-)"

Can you please explain how to do this? I do not see in the email template section, where to attach a report.

I don't want this going to all clients, but would like the ability to manually generate a closed ticket email with the ticket charges attached as a PDF.

Comment

Click to read all about how to configure Alerts to Customers, you'll learn how to select the email template and report format to be attached to it.

The 'Technician Service Form with Charges' report includes all that and you can select it to either automatically be sent to the customer, or you can email it manually from the Ticket.

Last but not least, by default the Alerts to Customers feature works for all customers, however you can exclude the ones you do not want it alert to. More about it can be found here.

Comment

Working...
              X