Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software Evaluation Question (Ticketing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Software Evaluation Question (Ticketing)

Hi.

Currently Evaluating CommitCRM and i like what i see - except one thing.

Ticket number. This 0500-xxxx system doesn't work for me. I want my tickets to continue from where my current system leaves off. Which is a six digit padded number eg 000372

I cannot fathom out how to change this. Searching the forums on here, i see posts going back 4 and 5 years with similar requests and mentioned of it being put on feature request.

I'm guess if 4 years down the line the feature request has not being actioned there will be no intention too?

This could be a deal breaker for me - I love the system, i love the customisation of it and i love the feature set - but i cannot believe we cannot have our own Ticket numbers.

500-xxxx seems a bit random as well.

Hoping you can assist.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Software Evaluation Question (Ticketing)

The 0500- is fixed and cannot be removed from the Ticket number, however as a workaround, in some cases in the Report Designer you may hide it by placing a white image label over it. You can read more about customizing reports on our wiki here.

Alternatively you could change the increment start number to 100372 which is still 6 digits, and then the full Ticket number would look like 0500-100372.

To increment the next Ticket number just go to Tools > Options > Tickets (Admin) and then click the Increment Ticket Number button. In the popup window enter 100372 in the box for the next Ticket number.

Comment

Re: Software Evaluation Question (Ticketing)

Ok thanks. Suppose that's a work around. Just wish i could turn it off completely - if you want to add me to a feature request :-)

Comment

Working...
      X