No announcement yet.

Smarter Ticket Merge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Smarter Ticket Merge

I understand that there are some technical issues that have prevented ticket merging on the CommitCRM side with other windows open. Could you please modify the Ticket Merge window to do the following?

1. Not tell you to close other windows (remove the open window dialogue box telling users to close tickets).
    2. Allow users to select the tickets to merge *but* put a notice that open windows will be closed in the process (put it in red if you're concerned about it). You can add an auto-save or auto-discard open window changes radio button on the ticket merge window for the next step.
    3. Once a user tells the merge dialogue to merge the two selected tickets, close all open windows (saving or closing as selected on the previous window) *but* remember which windows were open.
    4. Merge the tickets
    5. Open the windows previously open.

This would save a bunch of time on my end. Currently I have to close all my open windows, merge my ticket, then re-open them if I remember what was open.

Obviously you'd need to do a check on step #5 to make sure one of those windows was not the ticket that no longer exists but that should be easy to do (you could even remap the closed window to open a window with the new ticket in such an event).

Re: Smarter Ticket Merge

Thanks skifast! It can indeed save a few clicks and we will definitely take this into consideration.

Comment

Re: Smarter Ticket Merge

A few more tweaks to the above might make it even better:

1. Allow users to go back to merge a second set of tickets.
      2. Allow users to select two tickets from the Ticket window and click a Merge button to initiate the same steps above with the ticket boxes already populated.

Thanks for listening :-)

Comment

Working...
      X