No announcement yet.

This API version has been depricated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

This API version has been depricated

(Originally posted by @klannom on May 29, 2024)

I started getting this message: This API version has been depricated this morning. When I go to synchronize Outlook | 365, Sync Options, Calendar, Select - it attempts to open a login screen to M365 and I get the message This API version has been depricated.

(Originally posted by @Support Team on May 29, 2024)

Thank you for posting this. We've just received another report about the same. Please share your app log files with us over email (support@) and we'll continue from there. Thanks.

Comment

This error message popped back up this morning. I have tried restarting everything but every time it goes to try to login to M365 I get the message that the API version 2 has been deprecated.

Comment

I am getting this same error as of today. I deleted the app from M365 and re-added, get error " The API version 'V2' has been deprecated. Please advise.

Comment

Major issue. I am having the same issue. It appears Microsoft is decommissioning the Outlook REST API v2.0. The Ranger team has known about this since June 2024 and has not updated the software. I need the syncing to function and I am completely down with the syncing. HELP!!!!!

Comment

Thank you for reporting this. We're still not sure what's going on and what the root cause is.

We can tell that the exact same error was reported a few months ago, it had spread to multiple customers, and then - the error was automagically resolved... We suspect that it was a problem in Microsoft 365, one that they later resolved and it got things working again.
            We'll be investigating the involved API as well.

As a temporary solution/workaround, you may consider switching to syncing calendars directly with Outlook.

Besides, you may try to see whether the following has any effect:

1. Log into your 365 account using an administrator user, go to Microsoft Entra Admin Center > navigate to the Enterprise Applications section, select the RangerMSP application ("Office 365 sync for RangerMSP"), approve it and consent on behalf of the Organization as an Admin. This would re-"mark" the app as an allowed for the organization and may help resolving/bypassing the current issue.

The following permissions should be listed after the above action:

2. In addition to the above - you should assign Application Admin role for all users that use 365 calendar sync

As mentioned above - such changes in 365 take some time before they start to take effect.
            --

Hopefully syncing directly with Outlook and/or the above will help, at least as a temporary solution.

Hope this helps!​

Comment

This still didn't help in our case. This was all removed and re-added and it appears to be at more of an endpoint level as my computer will not sync but another staff member computer does sync. Not sure if that helps but still looking for a solution here.

Comment

Thank you for posting this. We are not sure why some users were affected and others not, even within the same office. Our team is still learning about this issue.

As a temporary workaround for those users that can't sync with 365, we recommend switching to syncing calendars directly with Outlook.

You/the user should visit the Tools > Options > Outlook|365 tab and click the button Switch to sync with Outlook.

When prompted, the user should select the SAME calendar that is used to sync with 365.

Hope this helps.​

Comment

Working...
                X