No announcement yet.

Search box obscures selected result in Tickets/Assets tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Search box obscures selected result in Tickets/Assets tabs

Quite minor but it has annoyed me for a long time. I open a customer account and go to the Assets tab, I search for a keyword, an asset is selected but the search box obscures part of the selected row. Is there a way to improve this so that the selected asset is not obscured?

A floating search box would work, or if the selected asset was either central or appeared on the third row from the bottom of the visible rows it would be unobscured. This happens where we have a lot of assets and have a scroll bar, it would not happen if all assets were visible in the preview window already. Thanks

Thank you for posting this and describing this flow. We will take note of your feedback.

For what it's worth, once the search is no longer needed, you can close the search box by clicking the 'X' button next to it, so it will not cover the actual asset lines / data.

Hope this helps!​

Comment

Originally posted by Support Team View Post
      Thank you for posting this and describing this flow. We will take note of your feedback.

For what it's worth, once the search is no longer needed, you can close the search box by clicking the 'X' button next to it, so it will not cover the actual asset lines / data.

Hope this helps!​
      Thanks, the issue is I don't know if the search is no longer needed as often the part I need to read is obscured by the box, so I have to scroll down the list so it is visible, or close the search and then open it again if the selected item is not what I was looking for.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Yes, this is clear, here's something additional that may help - The inline table/grid supports keyboard shortcuts. To open it press Ctrl+F3, to close it press Ctrl+Shift+F3. Note that it also remembers your last search, so if you hide it and need to continue the search, open it and your previous searched text is right there. In any case, your original feedback and idea here is clear and noted. Thanks! Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
        X