How to join subreport to main report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to join subreport to main report?

Hi,

I'm using CommitCRM 5.2.0.3. I'm having a similar problem to what Luke describes

here.

In particular: "I can't figure out how to 'join' the subreport to the main report."

In my cases, I'm starting from a custom Charges report, which probably began as a "Detailed Account Charges by Contracts and Tickets" report but is already extensively customized. It's sorted by Account, Ticket, and Charged Item. I want to add a subreport in the Account footer that sums the charges by Charged Item only. So the report will list all tickets and their Charged Items, but also show totals by Charged Item for each Account.

I know from working with Crystal Reports that I have to be able to link the main report to the subreport by one or more fields, basically setting up a filter in the subreport to only show data for one Account. Without that, I just get hundreds of pages of Charged Items.

Where and how do I join a new subreport to the main report?

Thanks,

Mark Berry
    MCB Systems

Re: How to join subreport to main report?

In the Report you use it is only possible to show totals by Charged Item per Ticket but not per Account as this report is sorted and grouped by Account and Ticket.

There is another system Report that can be generated in addition to the above report - Itemized Account Charges Summary.

Comment

One use of subreports in Crystal Reports is to re-process the same data in a different order. The order is controlled by the Grouping set in the subreport. Is this possible in CommitCRM 5.2? What about 8.0?

Even if it is not possible, please answer the main question: in a new subreport, how do you link it to the main report? For example, if a subreport is in the Account footer, how can the subreport be linked to only show information for that Account?

Comment

System reports have predefined sort that cannot be modified by grouping the report differently. You can sort manually when generating the report but it still depends on predefined sort that has a higher priority.

Sub-reports inherit the sorting and data sources from the parent/main report. You probably have already but in any case I recommend that you open one or more of the system reports that have them and see how they relate and work. Sub-reports can be accessed in such reports simply by clicking their tab while in the Report Designer.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Well maybe the problem was that I'm using a custom sort but the subreport wasn't. I've given up on trying to put ticket details and item totals in one report.

Comment

Working...
          X