No announcement yet.

Alert server messages stuck in queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Alert server messages stuck in queue

The alerts server says there are 300 in queue. The folder that we monitor to make sure this never happens is empty.

C:\COMMITCRM\Server\QSysEDOutbox

I thought that was the folder where they got stuck if they were stuck in queue. Is it a different folder?

Re: Alert server messages stuck in queue

Assuming that you refer to the number of the events in the queue shown in ServerConfig utility then this number does not means that 300 email alerts are pending to be sent. What it does mean is that 300 recent updates are pending to be reviewed by the Alerts Server - Some of these updates may trigger email alerts and some not.

You can see whether the queue is emptied by clicking "Clear Queue" button and then green button that refreshes the number in the queue.

In case you believe that alerts are not sent, verify that Alert Server status is ON (in ServerConfig) and that RangerMSP Server service is up and running (restarting the service is required after changing Alert Server status or any other settings).

Hope it helps.

Comment

We know the alerts are not being sent. If i clear the queue it will not send alerts to the people who need them.

How do i get it to start processing them without clearing the queue?

The alert server is on and the server service is running.

Comment

After restarting the server service it is now 310 in queue.

Comment

You should not clear/delete the queue, but you can refresh the counter (instead or reopening ServerConfig). Should it still be required you can can email us the log files for analysis.

Comment

After 10 min or so the queue started to decrease. It eventually went to 0.

Comment

Working...
            X