No announcement yet.

Remote Access (RDP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Remote Access (RDP)

Is there a way to enable support for Remote Desktop to work withCommitCRM? I've had several instances so far where I need to make a change on the server side while out of the office, but can't because I can't open CommitCRM in the RDP session.

Is there any way to reach and control the server remotely?

Re: Remote Access (RDP)

We have been using Remote Desktop and opening CommitCRM since we purchased the product over a year ago, you should just RDP and open it and all will be fine.

Comment

When I try to open CommitCRM while connected via an RDP session, I receive a dialogue box saying CommitCRM is not supported in a Remote Desktop or Citrix session.

Comment

I stand corrected, I looked again and the message says I have to contact support for how to allow the CommitCRM application to run in a RDP or Citrix session. I'll send them an email now.

Comment

I stand corrected, I remember them emailing a file that was saved to the CommitCRM server. Just e-mail Support @ and they'll assist.

Comment

My understanding is you need to have the Advantage SQL Server to be able to use RDP with CommitCRM.

Comment

Thanks for the update RKniffin. Do you know of any other advantages provided by using SQL Server?

Comment

This link on their website sums it up pretty well:

SQL Database

No difference in functionality, but I believe it offers better performance and reliability. The best analogy I can use is MS Access vs MS SQL as a backend for a database.

I don't remember the exact cost, but it was worth it to me.

Comment

Working...
                X