X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Re: Native Server Level Exchange Sync

Shhh... don't rock the boat...

Comment

I've had my share of posts removed from this forum ;)

Comment

You know, if there was one thing that would raise my opinion of CommitCRM, despite all of the flaws in the software development life-cycle, it would be their willingness to allow open, transparent dialogue (free speech anyone) on the forums. I can't found how many times I have taken time to write a somewhat intelligent post, completely professional and thought out to find that it disappears shortly thereafter never to be seen again.

Commit: if you are considering deleting this post, please do not. And take my word for it that draconian measures on a public forum like this one won't win you any friends in a world of openness and freedom that all technical people enjoy and expect from the internet- and we expect our business partners to live up to these same standards.

Comment

That's an interesting observation. I've always valued the open feedback available here. As a frequent visitor and contributor, I've never seen my posts deleted!

If Commit wasn't interested in hearing transparent dialogue, I highly doubt they would make a public forum like this available!

Comment

To be fair, *sometimes* I get a direct or private message explaining their reasoning (they provide a lot of 'one-off' support solutions that they don't post publicly for some reason). I don't mind so much in those situations, although it would be nice to get access to all the cool stuff they solve for other people, but I have had incidents where the post just vanishes with no explanation.

Maybe just an over-zealous customer service employee who was new was to blame....

Comment

Thank you all for your posting the recent comments.

True, our support forums are both open and transparent.
              Any visitor to our Web site, regardless of them being customers or not, can view all posts and all threads in the forum.
              Nothing is kept behind walled gardens or anything like that.

Like most/all forums on the Internet some level moderation is required, and it is absolutely minimal in our case. This thread is a good example of our openness too. It includes great feedback, some criticism and we appreciate it all, and it is available for everyone to see.

Having said that, these forums do have a purpose.
              For example, licensing issues or security related issues are not to be discussed publicly here. The forums are also not the place to promote other products or to provide entirely inaccurate and misleading information. We might also review and moderate posts that use inappropriate language.

Fortunately for us, with our community of users moderation is minimal, and in many cases when moderation is required it is the result of not being entirely aware of the forum purpose or rules.

In the, very few, cases when moderation is required, we also contact the person directly by email letting them know about their post being moderated and why.

@exbabylon following your 'new employee' latest post, we quickly reviewed whether any of your posts have been moderated and since May 2011, when you joined the forum, it seems like there were two cases where something you posted got moderated. In one case was related to licensing and the other to security. In both cases we communicated this with you over email and discussed with you there. We couldn't find anything else, and you've posted a lot, including starting this thread :-)

We truly appreciate the feedback we receive on these forums, even in cases where it isn't 'music-to-our-ears'.

Lets keep these forums rolling and mutually benefit from the discussion.

Thanks!

Comment

Ive seen a few things "disappear" Not sure if any were ones we did, but I can remember seeing something, and not being able to find it later.

Commit is very tolerant in most cases :)

Comment

Hi everybody :)

I am DONE, created a server-side iCloud Calendar sync for CommitCRM.
                  I will soon put in on my website, so please stay tuned.

With this add-on you can sync multiple users calendars to their iPhone directly from the CommitCRM Server->iCloud service.

The add-on will be expanded later on to handle Google Calendar and hopefully Exchange by EWS (having big trouble on this one ;) )

Comment

The link the product is: http://itognet.dk/product-detail/icl...mitcrm-5-users

Comment

nice that you got it working with iCloud... the only issue seems that in your screen shots it requires you to know everyone's passwords. I need something like this for Office365 and it should use an admin account that can just post to other users calendars. The issue with CommitCRM trying to use a client side app like outlook is that a side from the security it puts a lot of hopes that the app is always up and working. I installed Outlook on my server and setup a different user account that has access to all users just to do the calendar sync... in the end I could never get it to run for more than a few days at a time. It would hang on the server and require Outlook to be closed and reopened. I had to write a script that would close outlook and CommitCRM on the server every day and reopen it... This is such a bad way to do it. Not to mention their idea of having a "manager" do it. So they would have access to all of that persons emails and say the employees have large PSTs this causes Outlook to run very slow as it is trying to update all of these users. Hopefully one day commit will listen to all of the people on here and setup an activesync for Office365.

Comment

HavenZone, well my point with the iCloud calendar sync is two things. First, it isn't that hard to create a server sync software from CommitCRM to iCal, GCal or Exchange Calendar. Second, I will when I get the time finish the software with support for Google Calendar and Exchange.
                        About the need for knowing everybodys passwords is correct for iCal and GCal. If you can advise another way to do it, please tell :) - Naturally the passwords will be encrypted with SHA512 or better.
                        About the Exchange access, it will sync with only one account that have access to the other users calendars.
                        The only thing I need is time.
                        If you have any suggestions for the software please tell.

Comment

+1 for native exchange sync. CommitCRM is rapidily falling behind other products and adding new features but allowing core functionality and requests that have been asked for years top be ignored.

It is EXTREMELY clunky and slow and cludgy the entire syncing feature. I nearly changed products when my last renewal was due and if core features aren't sorted I will go elsewhere next cycle.

Comment

Working...
                          X