No announcement yet.

Discount and Markup not accurate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Discount and Markup not accurate

We put in a part for $90. If you choose markup of 15% the price changes to $103.50 (correct). If you chose discount of 15% the price changes to $76.50 (incorrect).

15% off $90 is $78.26 (according to my calculator).

What is happening here?

Re: Discount and Markup not accurate

Thank you for posting this.

It seems that you have a mistake in your calculation, because $90 after discount of 15% should result in $76.50
    Here is the calculation:

90*0.15=13.5
    90-13.5=76.5

Hope this makes sense.

Comment

I think you are right. Order of operations.

I didn't fully read the issue my staff told me, I mostly copied and pasted. I should have payed more attention.

Comment

Now go beat your staff for what they have done to you :-)

Comment

I doled out an acceptable amount of brimstone and fire. Cant treat subordinates like I could when I was in the navy, but they got the point.

Comment

I don't think you can treat people in the Navy like you could when you were in the Navy either. These days you have to be careful not to hurt anyone's feelings :-)

Comment

Sadly I hear the same thing. Not all bad though, the military can get abusive. Old heads come from a different time. Newer kids are valuable just in different ways than the old sailors. What they lack in toughness they can make up with innovative thinking (sometimes).

Comment

Working...
              X