No announcement yet.

Opportunities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Opportunities

I have been attempting to input a business opportunity for our company, but I don't seem to be able to add any information if there is not an existing account to link this to. This is something from an employee referral, and I would like to be able to link opportunities directly to the source or referral to help everyone track any bonuses earned. Has anyone been able to create an opportunity without an existing customer account to link the opportunity to?

Thanks!

Re: Opportunities

Our input on this - Each Sales opportunity should be linked to an existing Account inRangerMSP. For each Account you can set the Account type to be customer, lead, partner, etc. You can also edit this list and add your own types, such as Prospect.

When you wish to manage a new prospect, you should open a "prospect" Account, and in the Opportunities tab, add the Sales Opportunities against this Account. Each Sales Opportunity can contain a lot of information, such as the expected Amount, Probability, Source, Type, Notes, etc. You can also set a Manager employee for each Opportunity (which is the relevant sales rep.). When an Opportunity is won you can set it as won and fill in the final details.

You can then generate various Opportunity reports and filter them by Account, Manager, Type and more (from Reports > Opportunities). This way you can track the open/won Sales
    Opportunities for each Employee (sales rep.), and also perform other analysis.

In case the opportunity is related to an already existing customer who refers you to the lead, you can keep the link between these two RangerMSP Accounts in the Account's Relations Tab. In this tab you can keep relations between Accounts, such as "Lead", "Consultant", "Competitor" and more.

HTH

Neta

Comment

Working...
    X