Windows Mobile 6 Access to CommitCRM Web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Windows Mobile 6 Access to CommitCRM Web

Hello,

I was testing access to our CommitCRM web portal this morning and when we attempt to login we get the following error:

Invalid argument to date encode ?

Then we're shown a message suggesting we may need to restart the web application.

However, while this is happening on the mobile device - we are able to successfully access the site from our PC web browser without issue.

This error would appear to be specific to the mobile browser.

We're using Windows Mobile 6 and the built-in IE browser to test.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Re: Windows Mobile 6 Access to RangerMSP Web

Hi,

Thanks for the info. As you may know, mobile devices are not officially supported by the web interface at this stage (we are working on it and we do plan to officially support mobile devices), however, in many cases the Opera mobile web browser does the trick and works well, so you may give it a try.

Doron

Comment

Re: Windows Mobile 6 Access to CommitCRM Web

You would sell a lot licenses if you could enable this feature...I would buy 10 licenses but my guys need be able to field tickets from their handheld. No time to fire up a laptop every time.

Comment

Agreed - an iPhone app and a Windows Mobile app would be much desired by the community as a whole I would imagine. I know the answer in the past has been to use the web-version but as you know - mobile browsers are just not that great - even on iPhone using the CommitCRM web-interface would be tough. A mobile specific app would make better use of the screen space.

Comment

We are waiting to buy new phones based on what CommitCRM comes up with. Would pay more for a phone enabled app to work withCommitCRM.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you all for your feedback.

I hear you. As you may know, we've received many requests for providing Web Interface support which is optimized for mobile devices and we are definitely looking into optimizing the Web Interface further and making it even more suitable for PDAs in one of our next releases. I added your additional comments to the feature request in our requests system to boost it's priority.

At the moment, you can usually use the Web interface from PDA's with internet access which have the Opera web browser installed. In addition, you may also be able to work with the device's native browser and we know some work well (such as Symbian's integrated web browser on Nokia's smart phones). You may also be able to work with other browsers which are native to your phone/PDA - you should simply try it out and see how it works for you.

Working via your PDA, though not optimized for mobile devices, does allow you to remotely connect to the database and perform all the actions which are supported by the Web Interface - add and update tickets and charges, view and update account information, appointments, tasks, add and update charges and assets records and more.

BTW, another option which can be helpful in order to open tickets while on-site is using the RangerMSP Email Connector. Using the module you can shoot an email to your own support mail address, include the customer's name in the subject line, and this will automatically create the ticket for this customer in the system. After a short configuration, you can use this helpful tool to open tickets directly from your PDA simply by sending an email. You can find more details about this option in this forum thread.

I hope this helps.

Sherry

Comment

I also would be interested in the PDA app forCommitCRM. It should be an extra charge for sure, to pay for the dev work, but the ability of techs in the field to do their billing work from a PDA is very attractive. At the moment we are managing, but it should be on Commit's radar for 2009 - even a special PDA optimized web interface as you mention (tested with IE, and workable on small screens) would be a good first start.

Comment

Thanks cforger for your feedback. I added your vote for this feature as well (I think that it is becoming quite popular...). Thanks for the input.

Sherry

Comment

Working...
                X