Autosync Quickbooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Autosync Quickbooks

Hello,

Is it possible to have CommitCRM and quickbooks sync automatically, for example when we add a new customer in CommitCRM it would automatically add the customer to quickbooks? rather than having to click the quickbooks button to update each database?

Thanks
    Sam

Re: Autosync Quickbooks

Hi Sam,

As you mentioned, when you create a new Account in RangerMSP, you can create the customer in QuickBooks using the QB button. In order make this process easier, you may consider creating the customer in QuickBooks on-the-fly, only when you actually need to use it (e.g. when you actually create the invoice for this customer for the first time), rather than perform it on a mass of records.

When creating an invoice, using the Invoice Creation Wizard, if the Account is not linked to any QuickBooks customer yet, the wizard will popup a message in the final generation step, and will suggest linking this Account to an existing QuickBooks customer/job, or creating it in QuickBooks. So you actually don't need to create/link any Accounts in advance, but rather simply create them on the fly each time you create the invoice for the first time for each account.

I believe this can make this process it much easier.

Neta

Comment

I am interested in purchasing the software and I also would like to see this. Per the OP, he is asking to create a contact and ensure that contact is created in both CommitCRM and Quickbooks. If the connector is installed, why is the button to sync even necessary?

Another question - is the update to Quickbooks instant?

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. The RangerMSP-QuickBooks link allows you to transfer accounts from RangerMSP to QuickBooks explicitly, in various ways (as explained in the previous post). Although I can see how automatically creating new customers in QuickBooks can be helpful in some cases, this has some drawbacks which requires a more robust solution. There are various reasons for this, such as the fact that not every user working with RangerMSP necessarily has QuickBooks installed on the PC, so automatically transferring updates to QB isn't possible in this case (not to mention that not all users have the privileges to sync with QuickBooks). Another reason is that many accounts in RangerMSP do not need to be created in QB (e.g. leads, walk-in customers, etc.) and other technical and procedural reasons...

We believe the QB menu option which allows to create the customer in QB (this works really fast), together with the option to create the customer when creating an invoice for the first time, provides a good and robust solution for all of these situations.

I hope this makes more sense now.

Ethan

Comment

I understand and that makes sense :)

Is the update instant when the button is clicked? Is there some sort of identifier in CommitCRM to tell us whether or not the contact is already synced? How can we differentiate between a lead and a contact/client?

Comment

Is the update instant when the button is clicked?
            Yes, when the button is clicked, the updates are transferred to the QuickBooks company file instantly.

Is there some sort of identifier in RangerMSP to tell us whether or not the contact is already synced?
            According to the QB menu options, you can know whether the contact is already synced. For example, the system will not suggest to create a new customer for an already synced record. It may suggest to update the customer details in this case.

How can we differentiate between a lead and a contact/client?
            In RangerMSP you can set an account type to each account. The types can be 'Lead', 'Customer', 'Supplier', etc. (you can define any values you want for this list). When the account is a lead, you set it as one, and when it becomes a customer, you can change its type to 'Customer'. You can then filter the accounts lists and reports by the type, so the results will display only the relevant accounts.

HTH

Ethan

Comment

Hello,

Couldn't we at least have this as an option to turn on and off, automatic syncing. I think that it can be pretty combersome and message to require users to click a button to sync with the accounting system.

It would be great if a user created a customer/invoice etc that it was automatically synced with quickbooks and vice versa.

If I am correct it should be the program itself (commit) that has the authorisation (as setup by the qb admin) to access to the quickbook file and not the individual user.

Comment

Another thing that would be helpful is for the invoice number from QB to be brought back and listed with the ticket that created the invoice in the first place.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. I believe you already have a similar ability which can provide you with what you need:

1. Each charge which is included in an invoice, is then automatically set as "billed" and you can see the QuickBooks invoice reference number in the charge's window (in the charge title, it says:"Billed (Invoice # XX)"). This way you can easily see for each charge in which invoice it is included.

2. You can also search for charges by the invoice number from the charges window, using the QuickBooks drop down menu (see the QB icon on the tool bar in the Charges window) > Filter By Invoice Reference. This way you can easily find all the charges which are included in a specific invoice, and see which tickets are linked to these charges.

Click here for more information on these options in the QuickBooks Link manual.

I hope this helps!

Neta

Comment

Working...
                  X