No announcement yet.

"Sync to Outlook" Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

"Sync to Outlook" Question

I am confused about something. The sync is with Outlook (Client) or Exchange Server?

Im trying to visualize how the Email to Ticket functionality works if the software only communicates with an email client.

Of course - I could be wrong and this question is void :) So I guess Im asking if it syncs/communicates with a client or with the Exchange server.

Thanks in advance.

Re: "Sync to Outlook" Question

Hi,

Thank you for your question. I believe you are referring to two different modules:

1. The RangerMSP-Outlook sync module - this module allows you to sync your calendar appointments, tasks and accounts with your Outlook calendar and contacts. The Outlook sync is activates from the client application window, and it works with Outlook folders (which can reside locally or on your Exchange server), and only transfers updates between the systems (both ways).

2. The RangerMSP Email Connector module, on the other hand, provides the Email To Ticket functionality. This runs as a service on your server, and it pulls incoming email messages directly from your incoming mailbox. This is done in a low-level protocol (POP3), which can be used with Exchange mail server or other technologies. This feature pulls the incoming emails, and opens new tickets in the database for these customers.

I hope this makes it clearer!

Ethan

Comment

Are you referring to COMMIT CLIENT application window? Is there a CommitCRM client that must be installed on the client machines that need to be synced with the CommitCRM Server?

Comment

Hi,

The Outlook Sync, which synchronizes your calendar, accounts, etc. between RangerMSP and Outlook, works interactively from within the RangerMSP client window. You need to have a client running on the PC in order to synchronize with Outlook. Note that running the client application does now require any installation - you can simply run the client from the server shared folder (i.e. <server-folder>\RangerMSP\Client\RangerMSP.exe). This will run directly against the shared RangerMSP database.

I hope this makes it clearer.

Ethan

Comment

Working...
        X