Dispatcher -> Outlook 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Dispatcher -> Outlook 2007

Hi,

When schedule a job in dispatcher. Then sync it to outlook.
    The "subject" + "location" isn't what it suppose to be.
    instead of the company name in the subject field, i have the first line of the job description
    instead of the company address in the location field, i have the second line of the job description.

How do i fix this up?

Thank you.

Re: Dispatcher -> Outlook 2007

Hi,

When dispatching a ticket in the dispatcher window, this copies the ticket description into the appointment, followed by the account information which is automatically copied to the appointment description as well.

The Appointment description is a free-text field, and it allows you to edit it as you wish. The way this is transferred to Outlook is pretty basic - the first line of the appointment description is copied into the Subject of the Outlook appointment, and the second line is copied into the location. This assumes a single-line for the appointment description, followed by the account address (which is the location).

If you wish to have this copied this way to the Outlook appointment, you should keep the appointment structure as explained above.

I hope this helps.

Neta

Comment

Hi,

but job description are never 1 line long.
      All i want is the company name on the subject
      company address on the location
      and then job description in the calendar description field, doesn't that make more sense then having it the way it is now?

thanks

Comment

Hi,

In that case you need to rearrange the order of the fields, which are automatically filled in the description field of the scheduled appointment, to reflect the order you want - You already have all the data in place and you just need to move the account name to the first line and the account address to the second line. Then, from the third line and on leave the job description which will sync to the appointment description in Outlook. I understand that in this case you would have preferred that the order of the data being filled automatically in the description were different, however, this is done automatically and cannot be controlled at this stage.

Neta

Comment

We've got the same annoyance here. We would also like to see a way to make the order below automatic.

1) Account/Contact Name (Appointment Subject)
          2) Company Address (Appointment Location)
          3) Ticket Number
          4) Description

We currently create our tickets with the first line being a short description (Software Install, System Setup, etc). The second line we leave a blank and the 3rd and following are the details. We have the option turned on to attach account details to the description when adding to the calendar. So when we dispatch we end up manually cut/paste the last line (Account details) to our blank second line.

We use the blank line because it acts as a reminder to fill it in properly. And if we forget to paste the account details at least in the Outlook Appointment it leaves the location empty and puts the details into the body. If the blank line wasn't there then it would attempt to put the description into the location and many times it would cut it off because it was too long.

I wish there was a way to do this automatically, seems like a waste of time to get a clean appointment created. I'd also really like to see the ticket number in the appointment somewhere. That way when looking at Outlook or on our phones we could tell what ticket we are scheduled for.

Comment

Thanks guys for your suggestions.

Your feedback has been logged and we'll evaluate what does it take to implement it as well as to keep the current behavior to users who are happy with the way it already works, probably a system level preferences option...

Neta

Comment

Thanks Neta,

Looking forward to seeing this in a future release.

Comment

it'll be good for us to choose which fields we want to sync with outlook calendar, what we want to sync with tasks. that way it's fully customized. like commitcrm itself, very flexible system.

Comment

I'll just add my two cents to say having it fully customisable which element of an account and ticket goes into which field in an Outlook appointment would be fantastic for me too.

Everyone has a different way they like their outlook appointments shown, especially when staff are working from smartphones, and at the moment dumping all of the account info into the Location field makes it not very easy to quickly look at your smartphone and see the address as all of the other customer info is taking up the space.

My personal setup would be to insert the account name, phn number and ticket description into the appointment subject, then have the address only in the location field. OR if i had full customisation i might play around and figure out what works best for me. Everyone will be different for this.

cheers
                  nathan

Comment

Working...
                  X