No announcement yet.

Email Connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Email Connector

Is there a way to get the Email Connector to look into the body of emails? Some backup software that many of my customers use sends out email notification on the status of the backup. Unfortunately the subject of the email does not show whether or not the backup completed. This information is only available in the body of the email.

We are currently manually going through these and need to get it automated.

Re: Email Connector

Hi,

The Email Connector allows you to define skip rules, which will skip incoming emails which you do not want to open tickets for. As you mentioned, this is done by analyzing the email subject only. The email body itself is not processed, only copied to the ticket description.

In case you do not wish to have new tickets created for the backup updates emails, you may consider having the backup software send the emails to a different email address (rather than to the incoming mailbox of the Email Connector). This way you will not need to deal with these emails at all.

I hope this makes sense.

Neta

Comment

We need to deal with emails in order to find out if the backup complete successfully or not. Currently we have to open and read each one to look for the "Completed Successfully" or "Failed" text in the email. I was hoping that there would be a way for the Email Connector to do this for us and create a ticket for the failed notices.

Comment

Hi,

Okay, now I see what you are trying to do. Email Connector helps in such scenarios when this appears in the subject, as you have already realized.

Perhaps you can activate Outlook rules on these emails and only those with the "failed" message will be forwarded to the Email Connector's mailbox? Just a thought...

HTH

Neta

Comment

Any plans on allowing the connector into the body of emails? It would be nice not to have to rely on a workstation with Outlook running to process the rule.

Comment

We are always open for feedback and suggestions and this is definitely something we will pay attention to. I believe processing the email body may be complex with today's different types of content an email body can contain (HTML code, texts, images, and almost any other mime type format) and it should be considered carefully as we want to keep the email connector results reliable and expected.

The Email Connector already provides highly flexible options for automatically processing incoming emails and analyzing the subjects according to user defined rules. I agree that adding additional flexibility can be even more powerful, however, it will still need to maintain the current ease-of-use and simplicity... anyway, we try hard to listen to our users feedback and seriously consider it, maybe we'll start with analyzing plain-text emails... Thanks.

Neta

Comment

Working...
            X