Reimage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Reimage

Hi everyone,

Got the email today about the reimage software, haven't test it out yet.
    But i like the idea, if it works i go for it.
    Only question in my mind is how (in theory) can i integrate that software into CommitCRM?

Leon

Re: Reimage

Hi Leon,

We are currently gathering feedback about this tool in order to see if and how we can integrate with it. This is exactly why some users received this email - we want to hear your feedback about it.

Neta

Comment

Mind sharing the secret about the "reimage software" I didn't get the email.

Comment

Hi,

No secrets here :-)

We are considering options on if and how to integrate Reimage with RangerMSP, and in order to receive more feedback on this tool, we have sent an email to a group of users to check it out.

We've just sent you the email as well, and we will be happy to receive your feedback on this!

Neta

Comment

well, i tried using google and there seem to be very little information on it. Don't think they have a forum either that users can share their experiences about the software. I personally don't like the idea of using any software that doesn't have a majority to back it up.

Comment

I personally feel there are a lot of features that CommitCRM could be adding to improve it's core product before it goes as far as to integrate Reimage into it's product.

Comment

Hi FunctionOne,

Don't worry about that - we are continually working on enhancing our product according to our customers requests. We release several versions every year, each and one of them containing new features and enhancements to existing features, and we definitely plan on continuing to do that.

That said, we think that its part of our job to continuously look for new and innovative ways to help our community run their IT business better. Whether internally as part of the core system, or externally by integrating with new tools. This is exactly why we've approach some of you to hear feedback about this tool. We haven't done much technically for actually integrating with it, but rather we look for your feedback to learn whether it can help you manage your business better and in case it does, we'll see if and how we should integrate with it.

Thanks,

Sherry

Comment

Here are my views on the Reimage product and possible CommitCRM integration.

I was aware of the Reimage product before, but had not found a need to try it out. I have since tried it out and found that it was helpful in bringing a PC back from constant BSODs. It did not clear everything up, but the BSOD errors disappeared so I could finish the cleanup by hand.

As far as CommitCRM integration I see this as a better fit for remote Management tools like Kaseya, Zenith, etc. It would be quite handy to be able to push / automate the Reimage process on a troubled system from our Kaseya console through scripting. The Management platform is already in control of the workstation, and CommitCRM has no such functions.

The area I could see integration would be from a service billing, and tech history for the client workstation once the Reimage process was completed. Possibly someway of pushing the install to the customer so that the CommitCRM customer information (asset recid) is attached to the reimage repair. Upon completion, Remiage could email the email connector with the results to be entered in CommitCRM as a History Note for an asset, and create a charge item for the customer.

Thanks for contantly looking for new features to furtherCommitCRM. This was one of the primary reasons we purchasedCommitCRM. Other PSAs had features we wanted, but CommitCRM was closing the gap and Commit's customer service was superior to the other more expensive products.

Thanks

Vernon Southmayd
                Creative Computing
                http://CreativeNetCare.com

Comment

Vernon,

Thank you for posting a detailed and valuable feedback and for the warm words :-)

Sherry

Comment

I have tried ReImage both in Beta and after they released thier product and I am sad to say that I have not had any success in getting it to repair any of the 3 PC's I have tried it on. In fact on one of the PC's it made the existing issues worse. Great idea...hope they keep working on it and get it right!

Comment

Same.. We trialled the product and after the second blue screen.. I was not confident in using it any further.. Can't beat a Windows XP/VISTA CD.. Works 100%

Comment

Working...
                      X