Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Templates Query and is there a database of already created templates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Templates Query and is there a database of already created templates?

hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a site anywhere which has peoples own created templates forCommitCRM. And does CommitCRM even support the ability to drop a template in or can they only be created from within CommitCRM and not move from one installation to another?

I've created several custom ones for my business to match my company docs look and feel and to amalgamate different ticket information and lay it out how I like, and it made me wonder if maybe somebody has already created some cool ones.

Secondly, I can't quite make the template I want to make for a ticket. I want a report/printout of a ticket that shows the ticket history in one report including charges and other history notes. At the moment I Can either show history notes or I can create one that shows charges, but the template/report designer doesnt let you choose charge fields when modifying the ticket reports/templates. Could the report builder be changed to allow access to all of the database fields/sections regardless of whether you started with a ticket or charge template to base a new template on?

nathan

Re: Templates Query and is there a database of already created templates?

Hi nathan,

Yes, you can save your report templates to external files and transfer them to other users. This can be done from the report designer window, from the File menu > Save to File and Load From File menu options. The report template is saved in a file with .RTM extension.

Two notes:

1. Transferring reports can be done only when using the exact same RangerMSP version in both installations. Each report refers to database fields and must be used in the correct database version.

2. You should use the exact same base report when transferring the reports between users. So for example, if you copy and customize a report called "Technician Service Form1" and save it to a file, you can load this .RTM file only when customizing "Technician Service Form1" in the other system.

As for your second question, each system report in RangerMSP supports a set of fields which are available for this specific report. When customizing a report, you should start with copying the report which is most similar to what you wish to see, and then adjust it to your needs. So, if you wish to show charges in the report, you should start this with a charge report (from Reports > Charges). Some of the charge reports are ticket-oriented (such as Technician Service Form Including Charges1), and allow you to see detailed tickets information together with charge details.

I hope this helps.

Ethan

Comment

Hi Ethan,

The limitation is that i cannot actually create the report I need for my clients. I'd like a single report which shows the history for a ticket including the charges. None of the reports support this. I can show history items, without charges, or charges, without other history items. Basically along with the customers invoice i want to give them a sheet which shows the history of the ticket including notes and charges. So when the customer gets their invoice i don't have to put any info on the invoice, i can just also send them a single sheet which tracks the ticket. It's too time consuming and redundant to print out two seperate customised reports to get all the history and charge items visible.

Any chance something like this could be done or is it a limitation of the db that only certain fields are visible on the base reports?

Comment

Hi,

The technician service form with charges provides all the information regarding the ticket, and the charges that were logged for this ticket. Currently, the history notes are available only when using history reports, or when printing the "Expanded Ticket Details" report, which includes more details, including the history notes.

At the moment, I believe you should probably generate the invoice in QuickBooks, which lists all the charges for the ticket, and then print out the expanded ticket details report. This way the customer will be able to see the charges in the invoice, and all the rest of the activity in the report fromRangerMSP.

BTW, you may also consider letting them access the system via the Web Interface for Customers, which lets them see all the activity online at all times.

Ethan

Comment

Working...
        X