No announcement yet.

Duplicate accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Duplicate accounts

Is there a way to merge accounts if there are 2 entry's for the some account?

Re: Duplicate accounts

In order to merge two accounts information you should copy the and the tickets and other activity to the correct account, and then delete the old one:

1. Copy the Ticket to the correct Account – right-click the Ticket in the List and select "Copy…" (note that only the Ticket record is copied, not Charges records etc. linked to it). This will create a new Ticket under the correct Account.

2. If you have any Charges linked to the Ticket - to move the Charges to the newly created Ticket, open each Charge window and simply select the new Ticket in the Ticket field. This will also automatically set the correct Account to the Charge, since it is linked to the Ticket.

3. After transferring all the data, delete the original Ticket that was created with the wrong Account. Make sure to do this only AFTER copying the Charges, so they will not be linked to this Ticket anymore (deleting a Ticket will delete also related data)

Note that in order to prevent duplicate accounts entry, before creating new accounts, first filter the accounts list by the company name and see if you can find any similar company in the list. You can also search for the phone number and see if you have existing accounts with the same phone number.

I hope this helps.

Neta

Comment

Ok,

Thanks. However, for futre versions I would request making this taks easier. For example in Quickbooks you anoy have to make the accounts have the exact same name( in singel user mode) and it asks if you want to merge them.

Rich~

Comment

Hi Rich, thank you for your additional input. I know that this request is on our list already, thanks for bringing it up again.

Neta

Comment

We have several Techies all logging clients and then tickets for service work on a daily basis. Unfortunately they are not always diligent about checking to see if a client already has an account. As such I am faced with the issue of multiple Account entries for the same Client (with spelling errors and weird address mistakes sigh) The instructions above are really far too complicated and time consuming for the task I face in trying to clean up nearly 12 months of this kind of duplication - A simple merging process would make this SO much easier - any idea how long until this might be available? Incidentally I am trying hard to institute procedures that prevent this from occurring now but my Techies are very busy and not terribly interested in the arcane matters of paperwork!

Comment

Quick update:

RangerMSP 5.5 was released and now provides a new Account Merge tool. The Account Merge lets you merge data from two Accounts into a single Account. This powerful tool finds all data related to the duplicate Accounts, such as Tickets, Charges, Contracts, History Notes, and so on, and merges them into the main Master Account. All the merge details are logged in a History Note which is added automatically to the remaining Account.

>> Read more about Account Merge.
            >> Read more about what's new in RangerMSP 5.5.

The RangerMSP Team

original post:
            Hi Duke97, I hear you, and I know this is quite a common request, and something we hope to resolve at some point. I have added your feedback to the feature request and I'll make sure to up the priority for this one :-)

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate your input.

Dina

Comment

Working...
            X