Alerts sent to cell phone text msg email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Alerts sent to cell phone text msg email

Greetings,

We are using Alerts Server and are using our cell phone text email for our phones (e.g. NNNNNNNNNN@vtext.com where N is cell phone number - this is the email address format for Verizon email to cell text msg inbox) as the email address to send the alerts to. The alerts go to our cell phones as text messages. Due to limitations which appear to be fairly standard among cellular carriers, only the first 160 characters are received.

We'd like to have the Alerts Server split up the message into multiple emails of 160 or fewer characters for *specified* email addressess (only those which go to our cell text msg inbox, not normal email addresses). This would allow us to see the *full* alert, over multiple text messages, from our cell phones.

Is there a way to accomplish this in Alerts Server?

Thank you.

Best regards,
    Lisa Williams
    A-1 Tech Support

Re: Alerts sent to cell phone text msg email

I noticed that the default alert generates about 7 text messages. I wish there was a customizable alert template. I think that when AT&T receives a long message it splits and then sends them so I do receive the entire message. I'm surprised Verizon doesn't do that.

Comment

Hi,

This is an interesting question. RangerMSP Alerts Server is optimized for using e-mails, and therefore it provides the maximum amount of information which is required in an email alerts in order to provide the technician with all the information required in order to understand the event which triggered the alerts. The purpose is to have enough information, so the technician shouldn't be forced to go and see the appointment/ticket/etc, call the office or log into the technicians Web portal. In case your technician has a PDA phone they can check their email and see all related information. I also believe some providers and phones accumulate the messages and display a complete single message for them. Anyway, we will look at the option of sending shorter alerts so they will fit text messaging.

Doron

Comment

That would be fantastic. I think it would be nice to have multiple alerts per person. So, one could have the long version for email and a shorter version for text messages.

Comment

Working...
        X