No announcement yet.

Double Account and Calendar Entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Double Account and Calendar Entries

I screwed up! I moved my Outlook Data file. Then I did a synch throughCommitCRM. And now I have DOUBLE entries for my accounts and my calendar. If I look up an account (IE Account 1) it shows a double entry, with one having actuall charges, and etc... but the ither one empty. What is the best way to fix this issue?

Mike

Re: Double Account and Calendar Entries

Hi Mike,

This may be unpleasant indeed... Usually moving your Outlook data file shouldn't result with double entries even when copying the contacts to a new contacts folder. I guess that the copy you performed somehow removed the data we store on each contact record to identify them and this is why the new sync on your new server resulted in double entries.

The best way to handle this at this point is to go back to a backup from before the 'wrong' sync. I hope you haven't done too many changes since the sync.

As for the Outlook folder, you should go back to your original folder, and just copy it as-is to the new server. If you cannot perform this change, you should create a completely new and empty Outlook folder, and sync RangerMSP data with it (i.e. this folder will be filled by receiving data stored in RangerMSP). This will transfer all the information from RangerMSP to Outlook, and you can then go on working with these new folders.

I hope this helps!

Neta

Comment

I can get the CommitCRM file cleaned up again, but i do not want to start a new outlook file, i would loose all my emails and everything. how could i re synch the CommitCRM to outlook without this happening again once i fix up CommitCRM?

Mike

Comment

There is no need to create a new Outlook file.

You can go on using the existing Outlook file, and just create new folders for your contacts, tasks and appointments. Then you should select the new folder to sync with in RangerMSP (from Tools > Options > Outlook), and sync RangerMSP data with these empty folders.

This will transfer all the information from RangerMSP to Outlook, and you can then go on working with these new folders.

I hope this helps to make it clearer.

Neta

Comment

Working...
        X